BIG MEDICINE One-Hour Special to Air Nov. 18, 9PM Eastern on Discovery Health!

judybaker
on 11/12/09 12:27 pm - Fort Worth, TX
It has been a year since I had the bariatric sleeve done in Dallas. I have lost
87 lbs. and am pleased. I am in a wheelchair for Charcot neuropothy or I
would have lost more. Exercise is the thing I have trouble with, but I still
lost. I am pleased and have had a lot of encouragement by Big Medicine. Dr. Garth is so passionate about helping obese people, I am hooked on the
show. I need to see other successes. Cannot imagine losing this show.

With respect,
Judy Baker
Surgery 9-2-08

meoco17
on 11/12/09 12:33 pm - Oregon, OH
That is my surgery day...YAY!  So hopefully my hospital will have the Discovery Health Channel!  If so, I'll be watching for sure
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Megan
sammiesmith
on 11/12/09 1:08 pm - clarkesville, GA

I will definitely be tuned in to watch it. They cant take this show off  of the air!! 
Its true stories of what people go through every day and shows the emotional side of the weight loss surgeries before and after. I believe everyone needs to watch this show obese or not.  Big Medicine makes you really think about how other people feel and that no matter what, you should always try to put yourself in that persons shoes for awhile. Dr. Garth, his father, and everyone on this show really care about there patients and you can tell. They do a great job! I got the pleasure of meeting Dr. Garth at the recent Atlanta seminar and he is genuinely a caring person. His patients are truly blessed to have him for a doctor.

Samantha Smith
Lap RNY 2-12-07

atxnana2
on 11/13/09 4:08 am - Rome, NY
Got it on my calendar and will deffinately watch
CrissC
on 11/14/09 7:18 am - El Dorado, AR
Kimberly:
I will be in front of the tv watching. I owe so much to the show Big Medicine. It was the turning point in making my decision to have gastric bypass RNY and YES Dr.Garth Davis in fact did my surgery. I owe my new life to them. I am now in the process of using Dr. LoManico do my plastics. I figured I might as well go all the way with whom I trust most thanks to the show. Please everyone lets keep the show alive tell all to watch.

Lacrisha Christaldi
Miss Redd
on 11/15/09 8:52 am - Lancashire, United Kingdom
Hi Kimberly,

I am hoping with fingers and toes crossed that Discovery here in England will be showing it. I've yet to figure out what the deal is on seeing some shows and not others. Perhaps international rules and regs. I have the clicker in my hand and am trying to see if it will be aired here.

I moved to England last January from California. There is such a need for conversation and education here in the UK about this procedure (all the procedures), and life after.

I watched every episode aired and used the shows as a tool to educate my loved-ones. It was invaluable to be able to sit with them and let others tell and show their experience in a real-life way. LOVE the doctors!

I think BIG MEDICINE would be a fantastic show for folks here to see. Quite honestly the BBC does a huge amount of shock and gawk shows. That is what I call them. They will occasionally show a WLS story-but it is done almost in the spirit of a side show-if you know what I mean?  I suppose the surgeries are still relatively new here in the scheme of things.

Just so you know-there are many of us here in the UK that will be hoping to watch and certainly willing.

Much luck to you and the team,

Therese

Pre Surgery 383 Surgery 359 Current 180

NEW YOUTUBE Channel!

bluek
on 11/16/09 3:04 am - Austin, TX

I was just coming on to OH to post this reminder - glad to see Kimberly got here before me, and is far more informative than I am :)

vkmaitland
on 11/17/09 12:11 am - brazoria, TX
I will for sure be watching as these Dr.s saved me a lot o pain.  During Hurricane Ike, which happen to be 2 weeks post RN&Y surgery, I got into alot of trouble. Dyhydrated, electolytes out of wak, and severe adominal pain.  As my Dr. Gomez was in Galveston, Tx.  And it had just been hit with a 20ft storm surge. I had no where to go for help.  I called The Big Med drs. and they sent me to Herman Hospital.  As that was the only hospital up and running.  Thanks to them and thier staff. I got the help I needed and fast.
rbb825
on 11/17/09 12:32 pm - Suffern, NY
I hope it gets picked up on TLC because I can'****ch it on Discovery Health - it is not available in the NY Metro Area,

meshellytx
on 11/18/09 8:13 am - TX
Yay! It's finally here! FYI... I'm not sure if it's listed the same depending on cable company, but the show is not listed simply as Big Medicine on UVerse (AT&T). If you have it set to record the series, it will not automatically record this episode. I ran a search for it just to be sure it was recording and verify when we should turn the tube on. It's listed on our cable box as
Extreme Obesity: A Big Medicine Special. Just a couple hours now. 
"Living never wore one out so much as the effort not to live." Anais Nin

HW: 436, Start wt: 413 (7/20/09), Goal: -200. RNY 10/7/09 at 362 (-51).