OH Members and OH Staff - Securing Your Photos!!!

Lyndsay1031
on 7/15/09 10:20 pm - Loveland, OH
Hells yeah! I don't want my photos out there where I don't put them!!!!!

You got my vote!
Stacey H.
on 7/15/09 11:12 pm - Brooklyn Park, MN
I agree with some of the others. There is NO WAY to make a photo secure if you know much about computers. If somebody wants a pic, there are *MANY* ways to get it off a site. What the site needs is copyright infringement laws so that any one of us could press charges if our photos were stolen.

Stacey proud mama to Aleah, Allison, Austin, AnnikaAndrew

LadyJwb
on 7/15/09 11:15 pm - Philadelphia, PA
my vote!
tweitner
on 7/16/09 12:01 am - Reisterstown, MD
The rule of thumb is to not post anything you don't want everyone to see, privacy on the Internet is non-existent.  I work as a web developer and there are ways to get around all our tricks to hide HTML code and file paths.

If you really want to be see an eye-opener, go to Google maps, enter your address and see if you get a "Street View" option when it finds your address.  There's a good chance that it will be there and it's a street view picture of your house.  Luckily, we're out in the boonies and anyone roaming around our private roads snapping pictures will be greeted by some very angry residents.

So, if you think you have privacy on the Internet, think again.

www.christiandailylife.org                                                  www.need-answers.com
(deactivated member)
on 7/16/09 1:03 am - Canada
Pervs like the one you mention are the reason that I will never post anything personal on the internet.
Cindy F.
on 7/16/09 2:39 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
Great idea.  You have my vote.

Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
Mary B.
on 7/16/09 4:53 am - Southern, MD
Thats just disgusting. We are supposed to be supporting eachother and be among friends here.

To those doing these things...Karma is a BIATCH! What comes around, goes around.
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

Lalocaweta
on 7/16/09 5:48 am - Spicewood, TX
I am sure what I am going to say is a repeat....But going to say it anyway.

People put pictures on the web - be it on sites like OH, Facebook, etc. and think that those pictures still remain "their" property - does not work that way. And I promise you that a site may say that your picture can not be saved or copied, but the reality is that it can be. I also compare the postings of pictures on the Internet being similar to if I CHOSE to run down my street naked and my neighbor took a picture and posted it on the Internet. People have to realize that posting pictures on the Internet  by choice comes w/ innate risks - if you are not willing to take those risks - then don't post the pics....Pretty simple.

While I would love to see it possible that weirdo's could not copy and past pics, etc. - it is not going to happen.
(deactivated member)
on 7/16/09 8:35 am - Holland, MI
Even if they could do this, it never works.  It's just as easy to take a screen shot in windows without any extra software and just cut the picture out that way.  I am sorry this has happened to people but a) it is a risk you take putting ANY information on the internet and b) there is no good way to protect things like this after all it is just a bunch of 1's and 0's.
whill712
on 7/16/09 11:35 am - Metairie, LA
great idea.

10 lbs lost preop.