OH Members and OH Staff - Securing Your Photos!!!

armra1967
on 7/15/09 12:29 pm - Lakewood, NY
I'm with you. There has to be a way for OH to make our photos safe.

bullyanky
on 7/15/09 12:41 pm - Woodstock, IL
Really,,, thats happening here???? No way..This is the only site that I have post pics,, so if all see me on another let me know. I cant imagine that ANYONE would want to use my photos for their own.. I think I would be flattered that someone would.. But, yes I agree there should be measures taken to ensure that this will not happen.
Yvonne McCarthy
on 7/15/09 12:47 pm - Plano, TX
LIke so many said, you cannot stop people from copying with disabling right click save.  Why don't we do this?  Report any that you see and we can do a mass web attack against the company.  If they have websites, you can contact them and tell them you'll sue. You can also post in a blog about them so when someone does a search for them, you're statement will come up about fake pictures.  It's impossible to stop someone from all of it but I'd love to see any of them that are up.  I'm not going to let these people spoil my ability to post my pictures.  I don't really care and it is more important to me to help other's than worry about where my images show up.  There's always someone trying to make a quick buck isn't there?  I worked at a graphics place at one time and we got tons of calls about digitally changing someone so it would look like a fat picture and skinny picture of the same person.  We turned those down.

Open RNY 3/30/01  260lbs - 130lbs Yvonne McCarthy, CLC. Health & Wellness Coach (full time volunteer). I am happy to help if I can. Visit www.bariatricgirl.com and see the Bariatric Girl blog!  Also check out my Facebook Bariatric Girl Page Photography site www.yvonnemccarthy.com     .„ø¤º°¨ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨„ø¤º°¨ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨

Rena H.
on 7/15/09 12:50 pm - Spokane, WA
 omg this is just ridiculous! if you guys buy the photo protection thing then i have some beachfront property in wyoming for sale.
fairy_kissez
on 7/15/09 1:58 pm - Albuquerque, NM
Its the pay back game from all the crap that has been going on here and I think that its disgusting and childi**** is sad that a lot of us are going to make our photos private so that newbies cant see the progress we make but I'm sure that is what they intended for us to do as to promote their own motives.

Sad, sad, sad, sad and I am angry that OH is not stepping in. I mean geez what is it gonna take?? I VOTE YES...and am immediately making my profile private.

Jennifer

lapband in 2008 at 298lbs , lowest weight was 183lbs , Band almost killed me and removed in 2011. No revison because to much damage for revision.

Anti Lap-band advocate!

traciejo1972
on 7/15/09 3:00 pm
sign me up sista!

Getting excited about my future!  God is AWESOME!

HW/SW/CW/GW     updated 3/29/11
369/341/194/175

Kenneth C.
on 7/15/09 4:35 pm - Hendersonville, TN
 I don't like the idea of anyone stealing my photos either, but honestly once you stick anything up anywhere on the internet it can be stolen. Even if OH created a javascipt or any other means to keep people from being able to save photos or link the where the photo is served from, it still can be stolen. There are many photo capture softwares out there that will allow you to capture any image that appears on your screen, in fact it's built into Mac OS X. OH could make it more difficult for photos to be stolen, but not impossible. So my advice don't post anything for public viewing that you aren't ok with someone stealing, instead post it private or don't post it at all, because there is not 100% way to protect your photos.
Kenny  - Facebook or view my blog — krcoffman.blogspot.com
HW 340/SW 297/CW 170/GW 190 — Start of Program Weight 315

suzzziequzzzie
on 7/15/09 8:03 pm, edited 7/15/09 8:05 pm
Michael, they can have the right click feature disabled at this sight. It's done at other sights that I use. Don't know what it costs them though. And, I just read that they can be stolen anyhow! Disgusting!

This is one reason why my husband has a fit if I even ention posting photos online. He had a friend who lost a daughter to a stalker online and that's how he found her was because of pictures she put online, and he struck up a "friendship" with her. But, the photos are what drew him in. It's sick and disgusting to think what some perverts may be doing with your photos. I don't mind sharing, but not with sick individuals like some of them are.

sue

Sara S.
on 7/15/09 8:24 pm
I agree, they should be secure!
  Sara

Mom to Haleigh born 04/14/10 and Dylan 05/15/12