OH Members and OH Staff - Securing Your Photos!!!

LisaH73
on 7/15/09 11:01 am - Middletown, OH
Yep, disabling someone's copying or saving abilities won't do anything. Print Screen works just as well for their purpose.
Dayton/Cincy/Col's Yahoo Group
My DS Photo Page  holding steady at goal since Sept. '08
DS Shirt Shop (non profit)
Yahoo: JoRoLisa73 AIM: JoRoLisa73
Emily_Rose
on 7/15/09 11:06 am - Fort Worth, TX
I only post pics of me or my family that I am Ok with anyone seeing.  I know some say never put your kids online but mine have modeled for my company and been in ads all over the world so I dont see that it would help to not have them online since they are in online advertising as well.  If you do not want your pics in public you have to remember that this is a public site.  In a perfect world we could trust all the "friends" we ahve here online.  But who is to say that the face we have for the name is the one that actually belongs, and to be honest even if it is sometimes people we think we know in real life are nothing like they seem.  So please be careful, ESPECIALLY if you post to the sex forum on the sexy post.  You never know who will want your picture for themselves or their web site.
MissMaryMac
on 7/15/09 11:12 am - Maple Grove, MN
This won't stop most people who are even the slightest bit computer savvy.
All you have to do i**** print screen and paste it into photoshop or something similar and save.

The suggestion to make the board more private and stop showing it in search results...is a better step but still not going to stop anyone who is determined.

** I am a Susan G Komen 3-Day Walker --- WLS allowed me to make it all 60 miles in 2010 and 2011 and I'm doing it again in 2012!!  
ejjy
on 7/15/09 11:16 am - Watertown, MA
i support disabling the right-click copy/save function.

RNY 6/16/09 - Last weighed 10/27/2011 weighed 151 lost 52 pounds  66% toward personal goal  of 125, six pounds from unofficial unpretentious goal of 145lbs......basically very happy.   boo-rah, RNY!

Kathy H.
on 7/15/09 11:56 am - Kent, WA
I don't think you'll find anyone who doesn't want their images stolen. However, while the "no right click" option is a start, it WON'T stop someone from taking a screen shot ... dragging the captured shot into a photo editor and cropping away everything but your image. It's a simple, simple, *simple* thing to do, and there's NO way to stop that.

I'm afraid your best defense is to either set your profile photos to "friends only," or not post photos at all.

Sad, but true. If you're looking for "total safety" on the Internet, you're going to be disappointed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you considered the Duodenal Switch? Information is power.

OldMedic
on 7/15/09 12:04 pm - Alvaton, KY
There is simply NO EXCUSE for a web site like this to allow pictures to be taken like this.

They should stop it from happening immediately.  Other sites do this, so they should too.

A former Army Medic (1959-1969), Registered Nurse (1969-2000), College Instructor (1984-1989) and a retired Rehabilitation Counselor.  I am also a dual citizen of the USA and Canada.

High Weight 412 lbs.                    Date of Surgery 360.5                                 Present  170 lbs   

Lisa O.
on 7/15/09 12:15 pm - Snoqualmie, WA
It would be important I think to be able to secure our photo's.  The before and after pics are so important to our success because they are so motivating.

Thanks for taking this on Mike!

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

(deactivated member)
on 7/15/09 12:18 pm
Mike thanks fortaking up the mantle on this.
If anyone wishes to hear please see my post on the Lap-Band Forum from earlier today. Apparently someone used my photo on some dating website. I know it was from OH simply because it is the only place I have used this picture.

I have since removed my pictures of my daughter and placed my profile as private. At this point I may remove my profile and go to a different support site.

Mike S.
Donna M.
on 7/15/09 12:21 pm - Long Beach, CA
I agree, and would do whatever is needed to make sure that this got done!  Thanks for pointing it out and letting us know.
-Donna
Rena H.
on 7/15/09 12:27 pm - Spokane, WA
 not that i am into stealing photos, but that added code won't prevent someone from just doing a screen capture and copying them that way. If they really want them, they are going to take them. that is why people say you should be careful what you post on the net. it is like parking your car at work and leaving the windows down and your wallet on the seat filled with money and a full tank of gas and the keys in the ignition. if you don't want people to have it, don't post it.