OH Members and OH Staff - Securing Your Photos!!!

(deactivated member)
on 7/15/09 10:34 am - AZ
On July 15, 2009 at 5:27 PM Pacific Time, multiplepetmom wrote:
On July 15, 2009 at 5:07 PM Pacific Time, Michael S. wrote:
I have now heard of multiple people having their photo's "stolen" and being used on other websites, such as a fetish site and a dating site.  Someone has made an excellent suggestion and I wanted to show the OH staff how important this topic is to everyone!

Is it possible for OH to make it so your photo's can't be "saved" or "copied" by someone other than the owner?  I have seen other websites where this was done.  The website makes it so you are not allowed to right click on images, or copy them.  If OH could make this possible for at least the photos in members' personal photo albums that would be very much appreciated!

If anyone out the likes or dislikes this idea, please post on this thread!

Thanks,
Mike
it's certainly possible for OH to make it safe for us. I right clicked on a photo on eharmony.com and got a notice saying, nope, you can't copy this.

it would be a nice option, wouldn't it?

No, that's just to make people who are not computer savvy think the photos can't be copied.  They sure can be copied, easily.

Bitchy McSnipe
on 7/15/09 10:34 am
anyone can still copy that image.

Patti ***
on 7/15/09 10:27 am
Photos are at risk on any site that you post them on, it isn't a problem that is exclusive to OH. I understand the frustration but if you willingly put it there, you are at risk.

If you post personal photos that you take, lots of programs can make it so that you can put a watermark on it, or somehow put your own "stamp" or name on the photo, this way it's more difficult for it to be used without the watermark or whatever text you put on it.

If you don't want people to use your photos, don't post them.

I'm not being disrespectful or snarky, just matter of fact. It's been this way at OH for a very, very long time.

Anything your post on the internet, whether it be words or photos is purely at your own risk.

pippin
on 7/15/09 10:28 am - Baltimore
(deactivated member)
on 7/15/09 10:34 am

This is a great suggestion.....count me in...!!!!

cyndy

Magpie74
on 7/15/09 10:41 am - NC
Yeah, it's a pretty simple feature... in fact I didn't even know it WAS possible to copy them. That SUCKS!!! I'm taking mine down!
-Maggie- A "STUCK" episode is kinda like the big "O". If you have to ask, you probably didn't have one.
No dramaBanded 4/4/07 
322/209/170  - 113 lbs.
Start/Current/Goal
Teresa_rn03
on 7/15/09 1:23 pm - Jasper, AL
Off the topic, but I looked at your blog and you are freakin halarious girl!!

~~♥Teresa♥~~
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me  Phil 4:13

Magpie74
on 7/15/09 11:39 pm - NC

OMG, thank you for looking! : ) LOL.. it would be so much funnier if it wasn't TRUE!!! Read the 1st story "Meet Me at the Moose"... it's becoming a classic here in NC.. haha! Thanks again! : )

-Maggie- A "STUCK" episode is kinda like the big "O". If you have to ask, you probably didn't have one.
No dramaBanded 4/4/07 
322/209/170  - 113 lbs.
Start/Current/Goal
M M
on 7/15/09 10:43 am
I've found my photos selling diet pills, diet plans and worse.
Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 7/15/09 12:02 pm
On July 15, 2009 at 5:43 PM Pacific Time, melting mama.net wrote:
I've found my photos selling diet pills, diet plans and worse.
that's terrible!

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great