OH Members and OH Staff - Securing Your Photos!!!

Michael S.
on 7/15/09 10:07 am - WI
REALIZE Band on 02/20/09 with
I have now heard of multiple people having their photo's "stolen" and being used on other websites, such as a fetish site and a dating site.  Someone has made an excellent suggestion and I wanted to show the OH staff how important this topic is to everyone!

Is it possible for OH to make it so your photo's can't be "saved" or "copied" by someone other than the owner?  I have seen other websites where this was done.  The website makes it so you are not allowed to right click on images, or copy them.  If OH could make this possible for at least the photos in members' personal photo albums that would be very much appreciated!

If anyone out the likes or dislikes this idea, please post on this thread!

Thanks,
Mike

It's not a sign of weakness to seek help when you need it.
The only sign of weakness is NOT to seek the help you need.

530/428.6/363.0/200 (High/Surg/Cur/Goal)
7.0cc in my 9.5cc Band (Sweet Spot)

www.hungry2live.com - Winning my Battle Against Obesity Thanks to Weight Loss Surgery

ladydi1970
on 7/15/09 10:11 am - GA
You've got my vote!

Diana   DS Revision from '99 RNY 
UHC Denied Jan'09/APPROVED Feb'09 
DS-SW287; CW/190 GW/152

vickie O.
on 7/15/09 10:14 am - amarillo, TX
i vote for no theft. vick

EXPERIENCE WITHOUT REFLECTION IS HOLLOW

Nicki H.
on 7/15/09 10:38 pm - WA
Lap Band on 08/12/08 with
got my vote!

I delivered 6 weeks early a 5lb 15oz lil boy:)  After spending 2 months on bed rest in the hospital and Mason spending 11 days in the NICU, we're both home and doing great!  Mason is getting bigger and gaining weight like he should.  Now it's my turn to lose this weight!  It's tough to get back on the band wagon...I CAN do this!

snicklefritz
on 7/15/09 10:13 am - Cincinnati, OH
I think this is a much needed idea and a good one. I will now be deleting all my photos etc.

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 7/15/09 10:31 am
On July 15, 2009 at 5:13 PM Pacific Time, snicklefritz wrote:
I think this is a much needed idea and a good one. I will now be deleting all my photos etc.
bye, Snick!  *waves sadly*

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

pineview01
on 7/16/09 5:15 am - Davison, MI
Same here!  I thought they were protected.  This stinks.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

(deactivated member)
on 7/15/09 10:16 am - TN

I don't have a problem with my pic being copied. I wouldn't post them at all if I weren't willing to share.

brenda F.
on 7/15/09 12:35 pm - whitney, TX
 same here ..
was 400+ june 15th,06,..now 145-150 as of may15th,09 ... wow!!!what a ride .   
FastFingers ~*~
on 7/15/09 2:31 pm
I agree. You can mark any OH photo folder as private, so that only friends can see or so that NOBODY can see them unless YOU post them on the boards. 

Flying Spagetti Monster

"Doubt everything.  Find your own light."
--
Last words of Gautama Buddha, in Theravada tradition