Anyone tried the Kymaro New Body Shaper?

sweetbea
on 2/5/09 4:04 pm - Aiken, SC
I saw an infomercial on it and got sucked in.  I've lost almost 200 lbs in under a year (my 1 year will be April 9) so you can imagine what my bod looks like.  Not good.  So I've been sort of thinking about getting some sort of body shaper and then this infomercial came on and I want it.

But I wanted to see if anyone had tried it and what they thought.  I hate to spend the money if it is going to suck or be uncomfortable.

Also, how true to size do you think it was?  (sizing on their website here http://www.ubuyez.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&produ cts_id=31).

According to my weight/height and bra size, I'd wear the same size on the top and the bottom.  But I don't wear the same size clothes on the top and bottom.  In shirts, I am now in a 16/18, and for pants, I'm in a 20 or 22 depending on the pants.  All of the fat has migrated to right below my waistline.   So I'm concerned about that.  Also, I am wondering if I should order a size smaller than what it says, since I am still losing.  I also have lymphedema in my legs (extreme swelling), so I carry a lot of weight there rather than in my "body". 

Any opinions or guidance? Thanks!

Turtlegirl0703
on 2/5/09 6:02 pm
I've heard it's great! I'm dying to try it myself... I'm just waiting 'til I have a little extra $$$ to order it. I'm curious what other OH'ers think.
LIFE IS GOOD!!! Good luck to everyone! EVERY WOW moment is a success!
Happy Kelly in Ohio :)

snapshotmama
on 2/6/09 12:05 am - Cave City, AR
Here is a site that had some reviews on the shapper. Some good but mostly bad. But check it out yourself.

LaVonna

http://www.infomercial-hell.com/blog/2008/03/24/kymaro-body-shaper-does-this-woman-really-need-this-product/
 THE LORD WILL TAKE CARE OF US

MelissaM39
on 2/5/09 9:36 pm - MI
I bought one in black and one in nude.  I LOVE IT!  It doesn't roll or bunch or make wacked out bulges.  I really love the top but you can't really wear it without the bottoms cuz it slides up.  What I like about the top, is that you can wear your regular bra with it.  A lot of times the cup on those all in ones never fits right and makes you look flat.  My boobs are droopy enuf and don't need any help looking flat.  Be sure to get the right size though.  I ordered one size smaller and I had a hard time getting into it at first.  They are very structured and little stretch which is what makes them so good!

Well worth the money in my book!

llindsey26
on 2/5/09 9:56 pm - Hudson, FL
VSG on 02/13/09 with
Boy, those informercials know how to suck you right in, huh?   I have a little "inside" information on the New Body Shaper... I have heard mostly good things about it.  I want one myself but have never had the money to order one.  I just wanted to let you know that when alot of people call to order, they dont understand what exactly the "deal" is.  So I figured I would let you know so you are informed before you call.   They advertise that when you call to order the nude color body shaper, you get the black on for free.  Technically, the "new body shaper" is only the top.  So if you want the bottoms along with that, you do get them for free but you have to pay 9.95 for shipping.  Now, you get to choose whether or not you want to take the black one along with the nude.  If you decide to take it, it is 9.95 per piece for shipping.  Remember, each set is two pieces.  And they do not sell the black one outright, only comes as a gift with the nude color.  All in all, it is a good deal compared to other top of the line girdle type pieces.  

In regards to sizing, if you want it fit right now, stay within the sizing guidelines that they give you.  Because what fits now probably wont later....which is really a good thing, right?

Anyway, good luck and I am sure you will look fantastic!

DeeBeeF
on 2/6/09 12:39 am
Hi,
  I do not have an opinion NOR have I seen that infomercial, but wanted to throw my 2 cents in. IF you have a Sears near you, consider trying a Dr. Rey's shapewear. I tried one on and it appeared to work well(smoothed out and flattened the bulges and rolls). Since I do not have any big events coming up, I did not keep it. I feel like I was very close to the next size down, so when something comes up and I need it, I would not hesitate to try it in a smaller size.
  Just figured if you have a Sears and can actually try it on....might be an easier option. They also sell them on HSN (but again shipping without trying them on).
  Dee

jackntom
on 2/6/09 1:31 am - Mabelvale, AR
I love mine.  I can not wear the shapewear with the built in bra, I love being able to use my own bra.  I haven't worn the bottoms yet, my top stays down fine without rolling up, but I do not have very large hips so that might be the reason why
Johnna1
on 2/6/09 3:44 am - Rosedale, IN
I bought the pack of two suits (tops and bottoms) and I believe I paid right around $70 for them. I wore the black once and was amazed at how they fit and how comfortable they were. I did however have an issue with the bottoms because when I went to put them on a second time the bottoms had a runner coming out of a seam on the crotch of them. They only guarantee the garmets to be returned or exchanged for 30 days from purchase so, if you buy it make sure you try it so if there are any defects you can get your item exchanged or refunded. I had bought mine before Thanksgiving and didn't wear it a second time until right  before Christmas. So, I had gone over my 30 days (just barely). So I called to have them replaced since they had a clear defect on the seam of the garment and not a runner because I stuck my thumb into them. I got the run around on the phone because of the automated recordings to push this button or that number for this and that issue. When I finally got through I was hung up on 3x after being transferred. I was LIVID actually P!ssed out of my head mad but, I stuck with it believing I was right in demanding an exchange since 1. the garmet was defective and 2. I loved the body suit and wanted to wear it over and over. So, by the time I finally got someone to understand what I wanted and was able to get through to a live person and not be hung up on I was satisfied by the way it was finally taken care of. They gave me my exchange and I paid the shipping to ship the bad garmet back. My take on this is that the top garment is made from good solid, thick material and the bottoms are really nothing more than a thicker type of panty hose. My advice is to get the size you want and not a smaller size. Be careful when pulling the pants on because you could easily poke a hole in them but, once they are on you feel like slick, slim chick in tight blue jeans!! They wear very comfortably and look real nice. I'm just still leary about the bottoms.

Good luck and hope you like them.
Be Well  : )  
Johnna