Vitamin Rant

CHUNKYMUNKY_08
on 9/3/08 10:30 pm

Ooh yes.  My apologies...I am running on about 4 hours of sleep...and no food since I think Monday....everything I have eaten this week....up's a daisy and out it goes.  I am so exhausted here that I could go sleep for a LONG, LONG TIME.  I swear ....I hope to God or whoever is listening...that tomorrow when they do some testing they find out what is wrong w/my esophagus/stomach...whatever.....I can't take this for much longer.

*~Da Chunkster~*
"Sarcasm is just another free service I offer"~ Brian the Dog
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!!"
"I'm a cute & TAN all year round...SO don't hate & be jealous."

Lauren B
on 9/3/08 10:04 am - VA
"you don't see that directness as rude at all?"

I certainly don't.  I bothers me that people always want "fluff" instead of just seeing the good information in front of them.  Don't be offended, open your eyes and look out for YOUR health. 

369/175/136
Highest Weight/Goal/Current Weight
233lbs LOST!!
Maintenance going strong!

Purple Passion
on 9/3/08 4:42 am - Little Falls, NJ
RNY on 08/06/07 with
Andrea is not rude...she's blunt. Take what you can from her posts...she puts alot of good information out there to share with everyone.

Rachelle
Looking for a possible revision.
257/190/150 

Melissa S
on 9/2/08 9:38 pm - Cool Ridge, WV
I want to also add always ask for a copy of your lab work for your records.  That is how I found out I was dropping and having problems.

5'9" 300/139  5+ years  post op                                                           
BL,BA,TT February 22 2008
Hernia and kinked bowel repair May 23,2008
monthly Iv iron infusions

(deactivated member)
on 9/3/08 2:31 am - Vacaytown, HI
welcome back to R and R
Robert S.
on 9/3/08 3:20 am - Modesto, CA
Good post. If people don't like the truth that's too bad.  A persons health isn't supposed to be taken lightly.

Here's my daily vitamin regimen

2 Flintstones
1 B12 SL
1 B1
1 Biotin
5 Calcium Citrate
3 CoQ10

I will be going to Costco KS Multivitamin when my Flintstones run out because their cheaper.
My lab results so far are perfect. 

That's another thing people you have to have your check up with labs the rest of your lives.

Johanna !
on 9/3/08 3:37 am - Formerly known as jdcRI, RI
Thanks for all this in depth info - will be good to know once I am able to venture to the OTHER side!
Judi J.
on 9/3/08 4:27 am - MN
welcome back to the main message board.

flip

flop

flip

flop

lol!
(deactivated member)
on 9/3/08 4:30 am - Brampton, Canada
Good post Andrea!   I personally can't stand when people whine they don't like the taste of a supplement.  For God's sake it's not candy children!!!   Chew it quick or swallow fast and grow up!
missliz
on 9/3/08 4:30 am, edited 9/3/08 4:44 am - Where the USMC sends us, AL
This is all great news.  Everyone just needs to keep in mind that what works for one person might not work for the next.  I've followed my doc's advice and so far no problems with anything.  Up until I was 1 yr out, I took 4 chewable kids vits & 2 super B complexes a day.  Labs were always great.  Now, at 18 months out, I take 2 Nature Made Multi for Her vits per day & 2 super B's.  I've been told not to change anything.  But then again, that is what MY doctor said.  I hope everyone finds the right "medium" for them and their levels. 

**ETA:  Guess I should mention that I get my calcuim from milk/cheese/dairy.  I know some people can't handle milk anymore but I can and I love it.  As for iron, I've never had any problems before or after surgery so it's not an issue.  They way my doc looks at it, I have labs done every 6 months.  If something starts to decline we'll deal with it then.

Kudos to Andrea though for putting this information out there!