Vitamin Rant

Andrea U.
on 9/2/08 9:41 pm - Wilson, NC
You thought that was rude?

If you think so, then:

1) You don't know me very well at all;
2) You would be best to just skip my posts.

If I were being rude (and trust me, this was direct and forthright, not rude) you would know it.

I've been there, I've done this, and I've had the vitamin deficiencies to prove it, based off my surgeon's advice.  I think the man is a great guy.. but I know that *I* need better nutritional info than what he provides to every single one of his patients.  Supplementation is not a "one size fits all" sorta deal, and people need to realize it.

So really, if directness is not something you want to read, then go ahead and skip my posts because I will not sugar-coat this **** for anyone.

Mandy_
on 9/2/08 9:44 pm - cincinnati, OH
On September 3, 2008 at 4:41 AM Pacific Time, Andrea U. wrote:
You thought that was rude?

If you think so, then:

1) You don't know me very well at all;
2) You would be best to just skip my posts.

If I were being rude (and trust me, this was direct and forthright, not rude) you would know it.

I've been there, I've done this, and I've had the vitamin deficiencies to prove it, based off my surgeon's advice.  I think the man is a great guy.. but I know that *I* need better nutritional info than what he provides to every single one of his patients.  Supplementation is not a "one size fits all" sorta deal, and people need to realize it.

So really, if directness is not something you want to read, then go ahead and skip my posts because I will not sugar-coat this **** for anyone.

wow.

really?.

you don't see that directness as rude at all?

not suprised. 

Mandy, Mom to Jordan (5), Kaida (3) and Luken (born 12/5/09) Army wife!   HW:351 / SW: 328 / CW:149/ Goal weight...what is that?

Lilypie - (Q3jk)

Andrea U.
on 9/2/08 9:50 pm - Wilson, NC
Again, I'll say this.

If you think that being direct == rude, then move on past my posts.

If I were being rude, I'd call anyone blindly following their surgeons ******g imbecilic sheeple.  Now *that's* being rude.

Until you've been out several years, have had to deal with deficiencies that cause alot of pain and havoc to your system, you'll have no clue *why* people get so militant about certain things.  You've only been out, what, 5 weeks?  Talk to me in a few years when you are low on something and "wished someone would have told you."

Buh-bye.

Mandy_
on 9/2/08 11:25 pm, edited 9/3/08 1:02 am - cincinnati, OH
On September 3, 2008 at 4:50 AM Pacific Time, Andrea U. wrote: Again, I'll say this.

If you think that being direct == rude, then move on past my posts.

If I were being rude, I'd call anyone blindly following their surgeons ******g imbecilic sheeple.  Now *that's* being rude.

Until you've been out several years, have had to deal with deficiencies that cause alot of pain and havoc to your system, you'll have no clue *why* people get so militant about certain things.  You've only been out, what, 5 weeks?  Talk to me in a few years when you are low on something and "wished someone would have told you."

Buh-bye.

I guess you fail to see where I posted that we DO look for folks that are years out for advice and support.

I NEVER claimed to know it all at weeks out...DID I ?????????

there is a big difference in being militant and just being *****y.

Mandy, Mom to Jordan (5), Kaida (3) and Luken (born 12/5/09) Army wife!   HW:351 / SW: 328 / CW:149/ Goal weight...what is that?

Lilypie - (Q3jk)

Donna C.
on 9/3/08 3:08 am - Durham Region, Canada
It's funny that you're the only one that thought Andrea was being Rude... Perhaps that's maybe because you're a bit overly sensative? 

Because of your responses on this post - it has been heaved over to R&R - where not many venture.  As a result - many people who may have benefited from the informative - although somewhat direct post will not.  I think that -that is quite unfortunate - don't you?

HW/SW/CW/Orig GW/New GW   328/311/161/153/142   LOVE my RNY!!!!      

Mandy_
on 9/3/08 3:12 am - cincinnati, OH
On September 3, 2008 at 10:08 AM Pacific Time, shellynoo wrote:
It's funny that you're the only one that thought Andrea was being Rude... Perhaps that's maybe because you're a bit overly sensative? 

Because of your responses on this post - it has been heaved over to R&R - where not many venture.  As a result - many people who may have benefited from the informative - although somewhat direct post will not.  I think that -that is quite unfortunate - don't you?
no.  another just as unfortunately written post will appear in a day or so if not sooner.

soooo not stressed about it.

Lilypie - (Q3jk)

CHUNKYMUNKY_08
on 9/3/08 3:34 am
Andrea, I have read your post/thread whatever the hell you wanna call it several times....you were NOT being RUDE, *****Y, OR MILITANT...you were being open, upfront, honest, no sugar coating...and speaking from your own experience.

Had you posted this thread I am sure on a weekly or monthly basis....ppl who are in the process of getting the RNY or had it and have questions would benefit from knowing all this information you supplied.

I am glad I read it....I learned a lot from it beings I am in the proces of considering revision.

As always....very well said.

*~Da Chunkster~*
"Sarcasm is just another free service I offer"~ Brian the Dog
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!!"
"I'm a cute & TAN all year round...SO don't hate & be jealous."

~~Monika is Leaving
the building~~

on 9/3/08 5:20 pm - Wake Forest, NC
Maybe Andrea needs to incorporate several of those smileys and dancing dots to make people think its not mean
magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
CHUNKYMUNKY_08
on 9/3/08 9:38 pm
oooh Terri my Jammie Kitten...you know that even if she did that....somebody would find fault with it and *****  One thing I know from Andrea from her being on here is that she for the most part is very laid back....if she does have an opinion...she usually is very passionate about her thoughts and feelings and if she voices them...she backs them up. And when she does write....it is very clear, concise, direct, to the point....and informative.  Also, if she is "*****y" or "militant"...as it was put...that usually comes after she has tried to be so nice and polite that there is only so many ways to put it "delicately" for some. I think that this thread having ended up on R&R from it being mommy buttoned is ridiculous.  If you don't like the thread or how it was delivered...then pass is up.  Another thing that irritates me is...if you are going to di**** out...STFU if you get it dished back.  But then again...that's just me.....*hijack* No more avatar w/you in your pretties?? BUMMER!!!

*~Da Chunkster~*
"Sarcasm is just another free service I offer"~ Brian the Dog
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!!"
"I'm a cute & TAN all year round...SO don't hate & be jealous."

Andrea U.
on 9/3/08 10:25 pm - Wilson, NC