CONFESSION

bodie
on 7/27/08 6:20 am
OMG.  nOT EVEN FUNNY.  i WAS GOING TO START A FORUM TODAY ABOUT MY LACK OF WORKING OUT.  i AM TO TIRED AND NOT MOTIVATED AT ALL.  i AM LOSING BUT i KNOW i GOT TO GET IT UNDER CONTROL.  SO MY MINI CHALLENGE IS TO WORK OUT AT 4:30AM  AND AT 8:00PM FOR 30MINS THIS WEEK.  sTARTING MON TIL NEXT MON.  I THINK I CAN DO IT. 

DaveK
on 7/27/08 6:50 am - Pensacola, FL
Thanks for all your post !  All you people rock.  I have been looking for excuses, but you all gave me some great ideas.  Working out does make someone feel better and can only facilitate long term weight loss.  I just need to find the time to do something and "sneak" in that workout.  I hope you are all doing great and wish you all the very best !

Dave K
evrblue
on 7/27/08 7:17 am - McConnellsburg, PA
The only way (being Pre-Op) I have lost weight was with consistent exercise...to make a long story short I had two knee surgeries and then 2 herniated disks in one year. I was in physical therapy all together for 9 mos, 3x a week. When I ended therapy I was working on the treadmill for 15min, the bike for 20min, and doing streches and sqauts (holding on to a "ballet style" bar.) I found that if I powered through everything I did better than going slowly.
At that time I had not made any changes to my diet and I lost 30lbs "by accident".

I also found that when I was done with physical therapy I missed the workout. Unfortunately at this time I can't afford a gym membership. But I do try and walk all the isles of our big grocery and ofcourse wal-mart when ever we go. It's just too hot for me to work outside, I end up with a bad asthma attack.

As soon as I loose enough weight that my back and knees aren't screaming at me, I'm going back to excersising 3 days a week even if I have to buy a DVD and do it at home. Yoga was mentioned to me but I can't get up off the floor. (getting on the floor, no problem LOL)

J. M.
on 7/27/08 2:26 pm
get your butt out there and take a walk. you can spare 30 min. no excuses.

~ Jen   

Most Active