My hands look like alligator skin Help............

Sophia Maria
on 7/15/08 3:55 pm, edited 7/15/08 4:11 pm
Before I lost a lot of weight and had my RNY
my hands were so nice and plump, now they
just look like old alligator skin so wrinkled out.
Have you ever been to the fair where the carnival
worker guesses your age, or weight .
I wouldnt care if he guessed my weight now ,
but I heard those guys look at your hands
to guess how old you are.

I am afraid to think how old my hands may make me look.
I even use hand cream and drink lots of water and use SPF30
sunscreen on them.

Anyone else have alligator hands?

There isn't plastic surgery for this  is there
or should I invest in www.fancygloves.com

Sophia 

p.s. that is a real web site they have some cute gloves

Nicol
on 7/15/08 4:08 pm - Cameron Park, CA
I had alligator hands, arms, legs, feet...  Try this for a couple weeks see if it helps...   Gold Bond - Ultimate Restoring Skin Therapy Lotion - 13 oz
Sophia Maria
on 7/15/08 4:12 pm
Nicol thank I will try this
Sophia

Nordic8
on 7/15/08 4:16 pm
Have you considered trying some fish oil?  Helps both your skin and hair.
Good Luck!

OH Member since 1999.
Sophia Maria
on 7/15/08 4:24 pm, edited 7/15/08 4:24 pm
I would try almost anything to get rid of this look its awful.
I have some capsules I will,open hopefully i wont smell like tuna.

But then I would rather smell like tuna than look like alligator skin.

P.s. I take OMACOR RX capsules twice a day that is fish oil

Sophia Maria
on 7/15/08 4:26 pm
well good night all

CCRH
on 7/15/08 7:00 pm

Hi, I'm only about 3 1/2 months out.  But I discovered this product about twenty years ago:
Moisture Therapy Intensive Hand Cream by "Avon" (for extremely dry skin).  It's not very expensive either.  Sign up for their newsletter and watch for it on sale.  I usually order at least six tubes at a time.  And by the way, I HAVE NO AFFILIATION with "Avon".... I'm just a happy customer when it comes to this particular product of theirs. LOL

A lot of people tell me that I have the softest skin they've felt...  So, shhhhh!!! This is my secret (and now hopefully yours).

HOPE IT WORKS FOR YOU!!

***Nothing Is Impossible***One Pound At A Time*** SNAG YOUR OWN FREE WLS ART AT MY OH BLOG!  

weteo_addict_100x100.gif picture by WETEOExample 1dirty_birdie_sm.gif picture by CCRH

FlourPower
on 7/15/08 9:50 pm - PA
I use pure glycerine and it works wonders on dry rough skin.  It's inexpensive and can be purchased in the drugstore.  It's usually down the isle where they have the band-aids and things like that. 

You have to mix the glycerine with a little bit of water.  After I shower I don't towel dry I just take my damp hands and put a FEW DROPS of glycerine in my palms and rub them together and then rub my elbows, heels, legs etc and beleive me when I tell people that I am 41 they don't beleive me.  The average age guess I usally get is 32   I've been using the glycerine for several years.  If you want to you can continue to use the moisturizer that you have and add a drop of glycerine to that before you put it on.  I do that sometimes when I want to wear a light fragrance like the lotions from Bath and Body.  And in the summer when you should especially be using a sunscreen you can add a drop of the glycerine to your sunscreen. 

Just make sure that you don't use too much.  It's an individual thing so it's trial and error but I only use one to two drops.  The bottle will come with a little cap that flips up that allows you to control the amount that comes out.

HTH,
Chrissy

[

musette25
on 7/16/08 6:29 am

I had a problem with my hands, but I hate greasy lotions, over the weekend I bought  some Nivea Smooth Indulgence hand cream, and it is really healing my hands, plus its not greasy. Its also pretty reasonably priced.- Kristen

Most Active