New Fella in GA...hopeful, with lots of questions

gr8tfuldad
on 6/28/08 4:33 am - Columbus, GA
Wow! Active board here! Thanks again for all the info.  Lots of DS enthusiasm (a GOOD thing)...no one doctor does 'em I'm assuming, so it's not someone's cash cow (relatively speaking, of course).  I'll check it out along with all the others and see what works for me. Thanks again for the welcomes! Dan
What ever happened to...
        Of the people, by the people, for the people?
                    Google Search: Ron Paul

Joan H.
on 6/28/08 4:30 am - SC
Hi Dan, Dr. Micheal Blaney is a bariatric surgeon in Augusta, Georgia. He is an excellant doctor and did VSG on me on 5/12/08.  If you havn't yet looked into VSG surgery please go the message board and take a look.  Since my surgery I have lost 32 lbs and my surgery was done lapa******aly.  1 night in the hospital and I believe I have having great results.  I don't know anything about the mini gastric bypass but I do  know that the sleeve is the way to go.   Check it out and best of luck to you. 
Bruce Jr.
on 6/28/08 10:42 am - Collingwood, Canada
From one actor look alike to another, my stats are/where similar to yours. The DS worked really well for me, I have not regretted a thing. Good luck with your research!
high 47BMI/360lbs, now @ goal since 1.25 years post DS 23.5BMI/187lbs
"Faith is not the answer, it only stops you from asking the questions"- Frater Ravus
gr8tfuldad
on 6/28/08 11:07 am - Columbus, GA
Thanks all! To clarify: my avatar is just that: an AVATAR.  It is a rendering of John Goodman's character in The Big Lebowski, Walter Sobchak! I will post a pic of me as soon as I can come up with one, but if you're looking at the avatar, the only difference is my beard is fuller (and a touch red), and no "goatee". Thanks, though!
What ever happened to...
        Of the people, by the people, for the people?
                    Google Search: Ron Paul

Pam R.
on 6/28/08 11:41 am - Santa Rosa Beach, FL
You're getting lots of advise here. Ask a bariatric patient for their opinion on surgery and you'll get it!   You're doing the right thing. Research until you find the one that's right for you. I had VSG 9 months ago and am down 91 pounds. Be sure to check out the veritical sleeve gastrectomy forum. Good luck to you!!
Most Active