Looking for a Lactose Free Protein Drink.

Sheri B.
on 6/11/08 11:46 am - NY
Hi, my name is Sheri. My issue is I am lactose intolorant & I need to find a good Protein source that is free of lactose that is also bearable. Does anyone have any suggestions of what I can try & where I can buy it.

I am planning on having my Lap Band Surgery this August  & I am trying to do all my research now & want to start trying out protein powders & ready to do  protein drinks.

Sheri
tlckiss
on 6/11/08 12:07 pm - Clatskanie, OR
Hi Sheri,  I am having surgery on July 1 and also have been searching for proteing sources.  My husband found this one it is NutriBiotic VEGAN Vanilla Rice Protein.  It taste great mixed with other stuff.  Their web site is nutribiotic.com might help you locate where to buy it.  It is not a complete protein and you need to add egg or another source to get the rest of the amino acids.  Any it is a great start.
LizzyL
on 6/11/08 12:25 pm - NY
RNY on 06/08/04 with
I use and love NutriBiotic VEGAN Rice Vanilla Rice Protein.- ( Here ) You can also try pea protein powder. HERE these are the 2 protein powders that i use and they don't cause any gas or stomach problems. You can get these 2 protein powders at The Vitamin Shoppe.  good luck Lizzy

Hugs & Kisses
Lizzybee2.gif

Dx E
on 6/11/08 12:29 pm - Northern, MS
Many of the Whey Protein Isolates contain no lactose. Check UnJury-Unflavored Best Wishes- Dx

Capricious;  Impulsive,  Semi-Predictable       

LizzyL
on 6/11/08 12:42 pm - NY
RNY on 06/08/04 with
 Hi green man. good to see ya. howdy!

Hugs & Kisses
Lizzybee2.gif

Dyna
on 6/11/08 3:44 pm
 Hi Sheri, I drink Chike shakes - they have an advertisement in the bottom left hand corner of the board. I LOVE banana. I am not lactose intolerant. I was just looking for agood tasting protien shake because I was having trouble meeting my quota. I went to get a microderm abrasion and the Dr also does weight loss and offered Chike. So I tried some and am now hooked. It is expensive but SOOO worth it! I look forward ot having my shake!

Getaway_Girl
on 6/11/08 11:37 pm - Montclair , NJ
I use New Whey, Pro-stat or powder protein drinks, the fruity ones.

Christine X.
on 6/11/08 11:41 pm - TX
Unjury. Chocolate is good. And it is lactose free unless you mix it with milk like I do. When I drink it, including the milk, it is 30 grams of protein. I'm not that crazy about it with water. But I bet you could get soy milk to mix it up.
Christine  "Life is like a jar of jalapenos.  What you
do today, might burn your ass tomorrow".
Check out www.dsfacts.com for information on Duodenal Switch

UNJURY
on 6/12/08 3:38 am - Sterling, VA

Hi Sheri

You can still use chocolate UNJURY and get the taste of milk by using Lactaid milk (it comes in a skim version), and a number of grocery chains have their own brand of lactose free milk too.

If you want to use a whey protein supplement (whey is an excellent quality protein), I would recommend the products that use *only* whey protein *isolate*. Isolate has essentially no lactose.

In contrast, those products that use whey protein *concentrate* have more lactose, sometimes a lot more. And less protein.

A lot of cases of stomach upset have been caused by the extra lactose in whey protein concentrate.

A way to remember the difference:
whey protein *isolate* isolates the protein from the stuff you don't want.

Does that help?

Kind regards
Jerome
UNJURY (R) Protein
Sheri B.
on 6/12/08 1:16 pm - NY
On June 12, 2008 at 10:38 AM Pacific Time, UNJURY wrote:

Hi Sheri

You can still use chocolate UNJURY and get the taste of milk by using Lactaid milk (it comes in a skim version), and a number of grocery chains have their own brand of lactose free milk too.

If you want to use a whey protein supplement (whey is an excellent quality protein), I would recommend the products that use *only* whey protein *isolate*. Isolate has essentially no lactose.

In contrast, those products that use whey protein *concentrate* have more lactose, sometimes a lot more. And less protein.

A lot of cases of stomach upset have been caused by the extra lactose in whey protein concentrate.

A way to remember the difference:
whey protein *isolate* isolates the protein from the stuff you don't want.

Does that help?

Kind regards
Jerome
UNJURY (R) Protein
Thank you everybody, this gives me something to start with. I actually just ordered samples of all Unjury products yesterday. Today a co-worker let me try GNC's Soy protein, not bad.

Sheri    
Most Active