What if I mix Miralax with more than 8oz?

Sarahlicious
on 5/30/08 2:03 am - Portsmouth, OH
My PCP told me to try Miralax for a problem I've been having...not the typical thing one would take Miralax for...but it seems to kinda help so far...the first night I mixed it with 8oz of water and it was fine. The next night I tried V8 Fusion...ugh that juice is nasty....so last night I just mixed a bottle of applecran from walmart and put in the Miralax...then I thought wait...this is 16 oz not 4-8...I didn't see anything on their website about not mixing it with more...just the bottle says 4-8. I could see where the concentration might be key...but then part of me thinks the entire capful is being taken....it's not a I can't stand it in 8 oz...it was fine...I just typically am preparing or drinking more than 8oz at a time....

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

stacy213
on 5/30/08 2:08 am - Bayside, NY
Hi Sarah, I have been taking Miralax for the usual reasons for quite awhile and I have always mixed it with more than 8 oz of liquid and it has always worked fine with the extra liquid.  Usually I mixed it with whatever protein drink I am having in the morning. Hope this helps. Best regards, Stacy
Sarahlicious
on 5/30/08 2:09 am - Portsmouth, OH
It does disolve sooo nicely...and mixes with anything...which I have to admit the thought of mixing it with my diet sunkist has crossed my mind...lol...but no that would be bad...very very bad.....

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Holly Berry
on 5/30/08 2:42 am - Oceanside, CA
Is he having you use this as additional fiber due to the New Orleans issue? Now, I'm just guessing here, and we all know my mind is a bit wacked, but I'm thinking the more concentrated, the better.  So I'd stay with 8ozs. Hope your weekend is great! Holly

Holly  260/132/125

Sarahlicious
on 5/30/08 3:27 am - Portsmouth, OH
Yes, it's the lastest thing to try....I'm usually going going going in the morning and most of the early afternoon then at night can't go at all...but need to...very wacked out issue now....sooo we try this for a week or so and see how I do...if it doesn't fix things...I get a flashlight up my rear.

Gay L.
on 5/30/08 2:43 am - SC
I mix my Benefiber with 16 oz everyday, and it's keeping me movin' just fine!  Thank Heavens!!!    (Of course this smiley had to be on this thread)
Gay L.                   The voice of the sea speaks to my soul

anewbecboo
on 5/30/08 2:50 am, edited 5/30/08 2:50 am - Ellensburg, WA
I mix mine with my coffee every day and that is either 20 oz (my great excuse for my daily Venti lol) or 24 oz if I do it with my protein coffee. I don't think it matters as long as you drink it all! I like to think it works better with the hot liquid, but that is just me!!!   hugs, Becky

Surgery was RNY 5/21/07...I can be found on Facebook: anewbecboo or Becky Reddick 

usnwife0819
on 5/30/08 4:49 am - Tiverton, RI
If I remember correctly from when my daughter was on it, you are suppose to increase you liquids when taking that anyway.  So I would say you are fine!  Good luck! Jen