Question about info for support groups? Your opinions wanted!

(deactivated member)
on 5/20/08 7:29 am - River Falls, WI

I am pretty fantatical these days/years about nutrition science. I have been amazed at what I didn't understand before about how my body uses fuel. The problem is, very little of it addresses the specific science of nutrition after WLS. The knowledge I'm gaining now on this subject is not only interesting but really helpful. I'm convinced once of the reasons I stay so healthy is that knowledge and using it.

I also like information on non-traditional exercise options, such as dance (including belly dancing--the overall near perfect exercise), Tai Chi, kick boxing, etc.

Recipes--but not just those that try to recreate the foods that got us into trouble in the first place--recipes for foods that help us develop new tastes and likes for our healthier lifestyle.

Information on plastic surgery and how to choose a surgeon, the type of questions to ask, insurance issues, etc.

Getting back on track after a few years.  Journaling, etc.  How to use online fitness tools. FItness tools for blackberries, etc.

Why different docs have different pre-op and post-op protocols--objective discussion.

You could write lengthy tomes on these topics!

Most Active