Called UCLA Medical Center Today....

David Ober
on 5/12/08 3:03 pm - Riverside, CA
I've finally decided to go through with it. Got my six digit "Patient ID Number" and now I need to schedule a consult. Am guessing that I'm still several months away from a surgery date, but I don't care---now that I've made up my mind, there's no stopping me....
alisa1704
on 5/12/08 3:06 pm
Yeah YOU! That is exactly where you need to be mentally....COMITTED! He, he....that sounded funny.  Congratulations....it usually is a process, but what a huge first step. Please keep us updated!  Alisa
Dx E
on 5/12/08 3:32 pm - Northern, MS

Congratulations David. Now the paradox- The months will pass faster than you can imagine And seem to take forever too…. Hang in there! I also just wanted to drop by an Invitation. It’s great to see other men out here. We make up such a small percentage (12%) Of the people having Weight Loss Surgery, But tend to reach our goal weights quicker and with less Or at least Different hassles than the Gals Due to Male physiology. Drop by the Men’s Message Board And check out what other men like you are going through. It’s a diverse make up of Dads, Singles, Older, younger, etc… Pre-Ops, Post-Ops new and some Old (at Goal) Post-Ops. Lap-Banders, RNY’ers DS, etc… Great bunch of guys with the mutual understanding That WLS for Men can be a totally different Journey. Stop by to add your questions, advice, opinions, and info at- http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/men/

It’s Great to know we’re not so alone, And that there are others pulling for you. Hope to see you ‘Round the Boards! Best Wishes- Dx

MillieJ
on 5/12/08 3:49 pm
******** CONGRATULATIONS..... the decision and commitment to having surgery is half the battle. " YOU GO GUY " MILLIE
StarvingArtist
on 5/12/08 10:03 pm - In my Studio
Congrats! I remember that moment for me...about a month ago...and it has made everything else easier. I know where to focus my energy now. :) Congrats on making a decision to take care of yourself! :)
Nancy G.
on 5/12/08 11:18 pm - La Salle, IL
Congratulations! The decision is the major part of the battle.  You are well on your way!

Cat Lady

Most Active