Fellow Weight loss Surgery member upset.

Renee S.
on 5/10/08 12:34 pm, edited 5/10/08 1:15 pm - PA

Hi all,
I just thought I'd mention this.There is a member on another board upset because he/she posted over here and said he/she got no replies.This member is being told this is because he/she has had a certain type of surgery and basically they main board members will not answer he/she based on this fact.

Edited due to the fact that this post has offended someone.This was not my intention.

Renee S

Sarahlicious
on 5/10/08 12:38 pm - Portsmouth, OH
We often suggest people post specific questions to specific forums so they will get more replies. It's not that we don't want to reply it's more of we don't know a reply and there are places where more knowledgeable people hang out who can help. I do the same if someone is asking about a surgeon in Maine...hey, post this to the Maine forum. It's welcome on the Mainboard, but it's always a good idea to post to as many boards as the question pertains if you want the most replies.

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

Renee S.
on 5/10/08 12:42 pm, edited 5/10/08 1:18 pm - PA

Hi Sarah,
Yes Iknow this too and agree with you. I just think it's wrong for people to be telling this person that we over here on the main board give DS people the silent treatment.

Edited due to offending other members.This was not my intent.

Renee S

Sarahlicious
on 5/10/08 12:46 pm - Portsmouth, OH
No I don't care to give this pettiness anymore of my energy if they want to believe it fine I can't change minds. We all know people read the MB who can help, I've gotten many helpful replies from DSers on the MB. Perhaps it was posted during a slow time, Fridays are super slow. I hope they got an answer to their problem regardless of what board they had to post it....in the end that's all that matters.

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

Renee S.
on 5/10/08 12:50 pm - PA

Yes the poster did get some replies here.It wasn't even a question it was a statement he/she was making about him/herself.

Take care,

Renee S

Frozen_Peach
on 5/10/08 1:13 pm

Thanks Sarah!  The OP is just trying to stir up drama.  I see no other reason for a post such as this - especially since it's referencing a post on the DS board - on page 8!!!

MY DS  
 labrats.jpg picture by Frozen_Peach

Get the facts about Duodenal Switch at DS Facts
<~~link
DS Recipes can be shared HERE <~~link

Eric R.
on 5/10/08 12:50 pm - Sevierville, TN
From my limited knowledge on the boards, the only DSers that even get any "different" treatment are those that proclaim from the mountains the DS is the only choice because they can eat 4,000,000 calories and 8 chocolate cakes a day and still lose weight.

Personally, I never even notice what type of surgery people have had unless it's specifically in their posts.
Renee S.
on 5/10/08 12:59 pm - PA

Hi Eric.

I know what you mean.I don't judge anyone based on their surgery type.I just think it's sad to lead people to believe they can't post on the main board because they won't be answered because of what surgery they had.From what I've seen here people here try and help anyone they can or point them in the right direction for help.I think the main board has a great group of people

Renee S

Dx E
on 5/10/08 2:32 pm - Northern, MS

Eric, Just about one week post-op? Hope all is going well for you. I just wanted to drop by an Invitation. It’s great to see other men out here. We make up such a small percentage (12%) Of the people having Weight Loss Surgery, But tend to reach our goal weights quicker and with less Or at least Different hassles than the Gals Due to Male physiology. Drop by the Men’s Message Board And check out what other men like you are going through. It’s a diverse make up of Dads, Singles, Older, younger, etc… Pre-Ops, Post-Ops new and some Old (at Goal) Post-Ops. Lap-Banders, RNY’ers DS, etc… Great bunch of guys with the mutual understanding That WLS for Men can be a totally different Journey. Stop by to add your questions, advice, opinions, and info at- http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/men/

It’s Great to know we’re not so alone, And that there are others pulling for you. Hope to see you ‘Round the Boards! Best Wishes- Dx

LeaAnn
on 5/10/08 3:11 pm - Huntsville, AL
On May 10, 2008 at 7:50 PM Pacific Time, Eric R. wrote:
From my limited knowledge on the boards, the only DSers that even get any "different" treatment are those that proclaim from the mountains the DS is the only choice because they can eat 4,000,000 calories and 8 chocolate cakes a day and still lose weight.

Personally, I never even notice what type of surgery people have had unless it's specifically in their posts.
*ahem*  It's *4,000* calories a day and a *couple slices* of chocolate cake a day and still lose weight, thankyouverymuch!  Please, get your facts straight.  LOL! 
Most Active