I can kinda see it...kinda...(1 month arm pics)

Sarahlicious
on 2/21/08 11:11 am, edited 2/21/08 11:14 am - Portsmouth, OH

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

MyLady Heidi
on 2/21/08 11:19 am
Hi Sarah, They do smaller, but I am sure still not as small as you would like.  I have been looking at my arms and I think one is bigger then the other, but oh well, I guess that happens in non-surgically enhanced arms too.  It was weird before I had brachioplasty I thought my arms were pretty thin, now that the extra skin is removed, they look fatter.  No swelling just fatter.  I will take a pic if you wish to see, I have the lovely zigzag scar. Hugs Heidi
Sarahlicious
on 2/21/08 11:26 am - Portsmouth, OH
Now that I know the friggin elipse was all they were removing...I thought the big lines indicated something...I'm marking myself for the next surgery!!!!

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

MyLady Heidi
on 2/21/08 11:38 am
Yeah I hear ya I still got that bra flap skin, I so never wanted to see again too.  I think we should mark ourselves, that would be a trip.  lol I took a pic. arms1mnth.jpg picture by mylady_heidi Hugs Heidi
happy girl
on 2/21/08 12:45 pm
Heidi, I was just wondering why your incision was zig zaged?   I hope you don't mind the question.

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

MyLady Heidi
on 2/21/08 1:25 pm
The zigzag is to keep the scar from keloiding, because arms scars tend to get thick and ropey and can sometimes compromise movement this technique is supposed to make it so there is no one place that there is a lot of pressure on.  Its healed okay, although I have a gooseegg in one arm of scar tissue or whatever.  But this surgery wasn't very painful and never had a problem with motion, time will tell if they were right or not. Hugs Heidi
infantrywife
on 2/21/08 11:20 am - Fairbanks, AK
Sarah... How many inches did they remove???  I guess I thought that more was going to be removed.  Do you have to have more surgeries??
ERICA ~~~~> I have lost 200 lbs since Jun 21, 2007!!!!!   Only 10 more lbs to lose before I weigh 125lbs!!!!!

Sarahlicious
on 2/21/08 11:24 am - Portsmouth, OH
Yes, I will have another surgery in July...and if he doesn't remove it all...then a kitchen accident will likely occur that will make it happen for sure!

The Contessa
on 2/21/08 11:22 am
I just have to say that your surgery incisions look so painful! Yikes!!!! I do see a slight difference in your arms. How long did the doc say until everything is settled?

Sarahlicious
on 2/21/08 11:25 am - Portsmouth, OH
It's settled...I've been having occupational therapy to massage and wrap them...she was saying how well I've done...barely any swelling at all...err...I knew it...swelling wouldn't hang...

Most Active