Lauren's Hope Medical ID Bracelet Product Review.

M M
on 1/27/08 9:11 am, edited 1/29/08 10:28 am

Remember how I ordered this? Hopetypewritermedical Is this not the geekiest coolest Emergency Medical Alert bracelet?  I hope it lasts me a while, it cost an arm and a leg and pancreas.  Seriously, it was like, $140.00.  Well, this is what I got:

Eh.

Upon first view, I realized, it's missing something, wait, it's missing two somethings.  It's missing the two keys on each end.  It looked better with the extra keys, rather than what I have a giant  H O P E preceded by a semi-colon.  Whatever.

It took two of us to get the bracelet on my wrist.  It's obviously too short.  Even if it had been a bigger size, I'm not sure how I would get it on or off without assistance.  There's no way, the clasp clips directly to the medical ID plate, which is unbendable.  It took my husband a few minutes to finagle it onto my wrist.  I wore the bracelet all night, and today, until this evening, when it was bothering my wrist more than I care to ignore.  It took him a while to get it off, again, as it was hard to maneuver.

DSC_0393

I just figured there were missing pieces, and that could be fixed by adding the missing keys and then maybe adding an easier way to clasp it shut, and...and... then I looked closer.  WTF?  It's tarnished?  Already?

DSC_0396

Tarnished.  In one day.

I've owned this bracelet for >24 hours, and it's tarnished?  Are you kidding me?  Yes, perhaps I'm slightly agitated right now, all things considered, but I was ordered! To! Wear! A! Medical! ID! Bracelet! Now! by the doctor treating my RHG, and I ordered this, from what I was told was the "best" place to order such things.

(Maybe this is why people don't ask me to review products, eh?)

I'm too honest.  I'm sorry.  I could lie and say that this bracelet Is So Beautiful And It Makes Me Whole, but truth it - it bites - and I wasted my money.  And, no, I'm not wearing it - because it hurts and it's ugly and I don't know what to do with it.

~Joy~ .
on 1/27/08 9:16 am - KY
Demand a refund.  That is a lot of money for such junk.
Sarahlicious
on 1/27/08 9:16 am - Portsmouth, OH

I am not sure of the exact company but it's a medical alert jewelery company that logs all your medical information and includes that number on the bracelet along with the pertinant immediately needed info...but once at the hospital someone can call and get all your medical history and who to contact information. Also, from what I've read....pretty doesn't get noticed...big and ulgy does.

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

LeticiaVailes
on 1/27/08 9:16 am - Humboldt, TN
I would send it BACK!!!! AND if they give you trouble called the BBB ....IF you paid with Visa I think they will HAVE to give you your money back......... The gift shope at our local hospital has some really cute Medical ID bracelets... starting at $20...........My money  doesn't come to me free...and I ain't giving it away..... UNLESS I choose to do so!!!!.........  Throw a fit..... but get your money back!!!!!!!!!!

Work like you don't need the money......
Leticia

~*Country Girl*~
on 1/27/08 9:20 am - somewhere in de Mtns!, VA
Call them or email them. I did and they replaced mine free of charge and also sent me the old one back too.  They were very easy to work with and understood  my issue with them.  I took the nice route and it paid off for me.   Good luck to you..

~*Country Girl*~
                 Start WT- 423  Current WT- 151  Height 5'4"
            12/29/05- Hernia repair, Extended panniculectomy 
                 with anchor cut, Hip reduction, Removal of bowel adheasion.
          05/12/06- Revision for dog ear and Mons  Lift. Go look 
            at my pics and see all the EXTRA he done for me. Bless my Dr.!

obmik
on 1/27/08 9:25 am - Realityville, Not SunshineLand, TN
I would send it back for three reasons: 1. the fact that it isn't what you ordered. 2. the screwy clasp problem 3. it doesn't look like a medical alert bracelet and that may sort of defeat the purpose of wearing it.
Kim
302/153/145  Down 149 pounds
Lap RNY: 9/28/06

Charlie
on 1/27/08 9:28 am - Daytona Beach, FL

Demand a refund....then go to this link on Ebay....and for $3.99 each, order about 6, and put one on your key chain, wear one around your neck and even put one on a bracelet yourself.....nothing like being ripped off! http://cgi.ebay.com/CUSTOM-ENGRAVED-MEDICAL-ALERT-ID-TAGS-NE CKLACE-BRACELET_W0QQitemZ150209414482QQihZ005QQcategoryZ1103 74QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem Hugs Charlie

MARLENA S.
on 1/27/08 10:48 am - middletown, CT
RNY on 09/04/07 with
charlie thanks for posting this, i just ordered 4 of them for my family members marlena

http://www.myspace.com/marrose76
Rny 9-4-07 -158lbs
July 10th, 2009 Brachioplasty (Arms) & Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)

Darsi
on 1/27/08 9:28 am - NJ
First I'd call them and complain, then I demand a refund!  You got the B@lls to do it ~ tell em' how you really feel... LOL Doris :o)

Pre~op / Current / Goal               
                              332  / 151 / 150??    

NHskinnygirl
on 1/27/08 9:35 am - Nashua, NH
Hi MM I ordered from Lauren's hope too. I had my bracelet for about 2 weeks and the clear bubble over the medical symbol fell off. I did contact them and they immediately sent out a new tag to me no charge and did not require I return the defective one. I would e-,mail them and show them your pictures and I am sure they will replace it for you and in the correct size. Mine was only half your price, just one of the crystal ones. My little hope charm also fell off not long after I started wearing it.  I took a jewelry class to learn how to make them myself, it's a lot less expensive and I have several to choose from now. Good luck with getting a new one.
Laurie in NH     Expect the Best !  You will receive the Best....
283/251/150    

Most Active