What to take to hospital?

gowi
on 1/14/08 10:35 pm
My surgery is in one week! I can't believe I'll be a loser so soon! Anyway, what should I take to the hospital? What should my husband take (he will be there with me the whole time.) I am supposed to be released on Thursday, so I'll only be there for 48 hours.

Dx E
on 1/14/08 10:52 pm - Northern, MS
I'm sure you'll get several ideas... Here's mine- Take-To-The-Hospital-(and-afterwards...) Hope it Helps! Best Wishes- Dx

Capricious;  Impulsive,  Semi-Predictable       

LizzyL
on 1/14/08 11:00 pm - NY
RNY on 06/08/04 with
as always Dx ....... you give great advice hugss Lizzy

Hugs & Kisses
Lizzybee2.gif

gowi
on 1/14/08 11:50 pm
Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for.

rbyredshs
on 1/14/08 11:17 pm - Gainesville, GA
A teddy bear or small pillow to support your tummy when walking, coughing, and laughing.
Acadia_
on 1/14/08 11:51 pm

I got out of the hospital last Friday.  I would recommend bringing: Your own toilettries Lip balm A couple of magazines Your own pillow - I didn't bring my own pillow and regretted it by the second last day Good luck!

cheawoolfolk
on 1/15/08 12:10 am - louisville, KY
Thanks!! this is so helpful.  im getting all my stuff ready for the 22nd.....cant wait...oh oh Im nervous again....no..no cant wait! See my emotions are all over the place! LOL!

Jesus Saved Me!
                                         www.divinitydecorators.com/store

Tammy5346
on 1/15/08 12:42 am - Tipp City, OH
I brought alot of things I ended up never using. The only things I can guarantee you will use is Chapstick, Robe and slippers. I brought books, music, puzzles, etc. Never used it at all. Tell your hubby to bring with him anything he might want. (make sure he has cash if the hospital cafeteria doesn't take credit or debit cards because he will need to eat while he's there and will probably hit the vending machine for drinks. 
PUDYTAT
on 1/15/08 3:54 am - CAROLINA SHORES, NC

SOME PEOPLE PACK LIKE THEY'RE GOING AWAY FOR A WEEK OR MORE. THE TYPICAL STAY FOR THIS SURGERY IS 24-48 HOURS, DEPENDING ON YOUR SURGEON. AS A POST RNY PT AND A NURSE LET ME RECOMMEND A FEW, AND I MEAN FEW THINGS.         1: TOOTH BRUSH AND PASTE         2: HAIR BRUSH/COMB

3: BATHROBE AND SLIPPERS FOR WANDERING THE HALLS         4: DEODORANT         5: A CHANGE OF UNDERWEAR         6: YOUR FAVORITE PILLOW, HOSP ARE NOTORIOUS FOR TERRIBLE PILLOWS OR LACK THERE OF.         7: COMFY PJ'S OR NIGHTGOWN         8: DON'T BRING A CHANGE OF CLOTHES TO GO HOME IN. JUST WEAR HOME WHAT YOU WORE TO THE HOSP. HOW DIRTY ARE THEY GOING TO GET ON THAT SHORT DRIVE.             MAKE SURE THEY'RE LOOSE AND COMFORTABLE.         9: CHAP STICK     I'D AVISE NOT BRINGING:        1: A PERSONAL FAN; MOST, IF NOT ALL HOSPITALS WILL ONLY ALLOW THESE IF THEY'RE CHECKED OUT BY THEIR PLANT SERVICES DEPT.        2: MAKE UP, AS NURSE'S, WE DON'T CARE WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE, WE JUST CARE HOW YOU'RE FEELING AND GETTING ALONG.        3: CHARGE CARDS, JEWELRY, MONEY, UNLESS YOU'RE PLANING TO LEAVE THEM W/ A FAMILY MEMBER.  MAKE SURE YOUR FAMILY BRINGS CASH WITH THEM WHEN THEY GO FOR MEALS, MOST HOSP DO NOT ACCEPT CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS.           ***** INFORM YOUR FAMILY THAT YOU WOULD APPRECIATE THEM NOT BRINGING ANY FOOD INTO YOUR HOSP ROOM AS YOU'LL BE EITHER NPO (nothing by mouth) OR YOU'LL BE ON CLEAR LIQUIDS.  I COULD GO ON AND ON BUT DON'T WANT TO BORE OR SCARE YOU.  BEST OF LUCK W/ YOUR UP COMMING SURGERY. DONNA, SFY :-D  

KimberleyB.
on 1/15/08 9:57 am
This a great list! I'm going in on the 28th so I've been thinking about what to or not pack.

Most Active