Yee-Haw!!!

MsBatt
on 1/9/08 2:26 pm

I've been going to the Y, trying to get into "fighting trim" before seeing the plastic surgeon. IF my home scales can be believed, I've lost 23 POUNDS in the four months since I've started!!! This is at just over 4 YEARS post-op from my DS, and I couldn't be happier! It's all come off from around my middle, exactly where my 'problem area' still is---no wonder I LOVE MY DS!!!

Dx E
on 1/9/08 3:16 pm - Northern, MS

Congratulations!!! 5020emo-messbrasil.gif picture by DxxxxEYou Go Gurl!5020emo-messbrasil.gif picture by DxxxxE (Happy Dance in Your Honor!!) Keep it Up! Best Wishes- Dx

Capricious;  Impulsive,  Semi-Predictable       

AnnoyingLizard
on 1/9/08 5:28 pm - Lafayette, IN
Woohoo!  Congrats!  Just another reason I chose the DS! Way to go!

I
My DS!  I've lost 275 lbs so far!!
annoyinglizard.com         myspace.com/annoyinglizard

debbiejean58
on 1/9/08 6:35 pm - Antioch, TN
Congratulations, I have been thinking about joining the Y myself.

Judi J.
on 1/9/08 8:59 pm - MN
wow! congratulations! very very neat!  judi
banae75
on 1/9/08 9:08 pm - verona beach, NY
Ok I am new here.... what does DS mean?
Renee 
~"Nothing tastes as good as Thin feels"
~~"That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well."
Motivational Quote - We can?t become what we need by remaining what we are.
Valerie G.
on 1/9/08 10:24 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA
DS  = Duodenal Switch.  It's one of the "Big 4" procedures: RNY Duodenal Switch LapBand Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy If you go up to the forums section at the menu above, you'll find a link to it for more information, or you can check out duodenalswitch.com.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

twinmom4603
on 1/10/08 12:02 am - Riverbank, CA
That's fantastic!  Isn't it amazing that the 'tool' still can work?  How great for you to see your motovation pay off.  Working out isn't fun but it sure can show results!

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams." -Henry David Thoreau

LizzyL
on 1/10/08 4:38 am - NY
RNY on 06/08/04 with
awww , I am so happy for you Ms Batt that is AWESOME!!! CONGRATS TO YOU!! YOU go girl All the best to you hugss Lizzy

Hugs & Kisses
Lizzybee2.gif

(deactivated member)
on 1/10/08 8:18 am - Down on the Farm, Canada
Wow, 23 pounds after 4 years, that is awesome. Did this put you at goal now? I just went past my 3 year anniversay and to this day my pouch is still in control. I lost all my excess weight and went 30 pounds under my surgeons goal. I did  have to put back on 10 pounds cause I was looking  really hollow in the face. Some one asked if I was  sick one time, it was at that point I knew I had lost  tooooo much weight. It took a few months but I put on the ten pounds, now I get more compliments. Hope your surgery goes well. Oh here is my before and after as of Jan 5, 2008. I love my surgery as well.

DSC00452.jpg picture by farmers_daughter
DSC00464.jpg I sure feel good. picture by farmers_daughter
DSC00454-1.jpg Wow, those old jeans are HUGE ! picture by farmers_daughter
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketJesus-Cath-byLizzyL.gif
Most Active