requesting DX post his "shopping the perimeters" info

lea2be
on 1/6/08 6:14 am - LaBelle, FL
Hi all! This is a request for Dx to repost his info about shopping the perimeters of the supermarket.  It is really GOOD info for everyone--whether preop or postop.  DX--please?? Hugs, Lea

Lovin' Life with Lea

Lea in WV   HW410/CW220/GW185   Proximal RNY 8/29/06
ObesityHelp Mini-Challenge Support Group Leader
CLICK HERE for discount codes for savings on various WLS-friendly products!

Angie Conley
on 1/6/08 6:17 am - Middletown , OH
I agree. It's very informative. I still shop the perimeters because of his advice. With an exception of a few choice items. Impulse shopping and shopping while hungry are dangerous for us.
Dx E
on 1/6/08 6:20 am - Northern, MS
Lea, Hope this is the one you're looking for! The-Grocery-List Best Wishes- Dx

Capricious;  Impulsive,  Semi-Predictable       

lea2be
on 1/6/08 7:07 am - LaBelle, FL
Yep, that was the one!  Thanks for sharing the link! Lea

Lovin' Life with Lea

Sarahlicious
on 1/6/08 6:35 am - Portsmouth, OH
Told you he took requests!

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

buttersmom
on 1/6/08 6:38 am - Gastonia, NC
ooooo....  This is GOOD!!!   Thanks for asking for this to be reposted....  and Mucho Kudos for posting it!    I just made it a favorite!   Thanks! Connie

www.youravon.com/cmccaughey Got Avon?  Its not just about makeup anymore... Always check out the "About Avon" tab on my website for my latest special.  Thanks for Browzing!!  

THIS IS MY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!  

lea2be
on 1/6/08 7:02 am - LaBelle, FL
Dx's posts are usually keepers.  I told someone once that if he took time to reply with a lengthy post, it was always worth reading--regardless of the topic!  And, I have several of his posts bookmarked, but couldn't find that one!  One thing that I like is that he states facts--as many of them as he can round up and substantiate...not just the commonly accepted ones.  He gives a good and balanced view of his argument! Hugs, Lea

Lovin' Life with Lea

lea2be
on 1/6/08 6:59 am - LaBelle, FL
Yep, you did!  And, when I PMed him to make sure he didn't miss my post, I told him as much!  LOL Lea

Lovin' Life with Lea

sandyfeets
on 1/6/08 7:38 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with

Dx is pretty much always on the money with his posts...

you just have to bear with his wordiness.... though the prose is worthy of reading.

Shopping on the perimeter of the local grocery is really my plan for 2008. 

This weekend I purged my pantry of the "evil white carbs."  I boxed up stuff to give to my sister's family... three growing boys.... one a bottomless pit skinny 6'2", 17 yr old running cross county... he can carb load!!  So now all that is left is in the fridge/freezer other than some basics that every pantry should have to fix basic meals.

Most Active