WLS cookbook

monique1017
on 12/29/07 1:50 pm
As I was doing my Christmas shopping at Barnes and Noble I noticed all the cookbooks out there.  I looked at the diabetic dessert cook book, and could not believe they all contained sugar!  An idea struck me, but I need some direction.  There was no cook book for post WLS.  Is there legal issues in writing/publishing such a book?  I was thinking about getting one together.  I would include a whole section on protein drinks alone.  What do you think?  There is so many of us, and I think it would be great to share recipes we come up with, and I would get it all together.  If you were to send me recipes, I would include your name on it,  What do you all think? 
jdruski
on 12/29/07 1:58 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery: Over 140 Delicious Low-Fat High-Protein Recipes to Enjoy in the Weeks, Months and Years After Surgery by Patt Levine, Michele Bontmpo-Saray, William B. Inabnet, and Meredith Urban-Skuros
Recipes for Life After Weight-Loss Surgery: Delicious Dishes for Nourishing the New You (Healthy Living Cookbooks) by Margaret Furtado and Lynette Schultz
Cooking For Weight Loss Surgery Patients by Dick Stucki; "The Ultimate Gourmet
I loved the first one listed, I still use it.  The second one was a little disappointing to me, I didn't get the third.  All are available from Amazon, where I cut and pasted the titles.
Monica G.
on 12/30/07 12:49 am - North Aurora, IL
I just special ordered the first one from Borders last night!  Can't wait til it comes in.  I want to try some recipes and my son wants to practice making some so after I have surgery he can "take care of me" he says.  He's 11 1/2 and wants to be a chef.  He's an awesome cook already!  lol

Monica

Dawn S.
on 12/29/07 2:15 pm - Oak Harbor, WA
jdruski I looked up the first book and am impressed thank you for sharing this info.  I told my dh we must get one.  I escpecially liked how it has the different surgeries down on the bottom to help you figure out how to eat each recipe.  Thanks again.,  dawn

jdruski
on 12/29/07 2:20 pm - Philadelphia, PA
The first one was a bible for me.  I bought every weight loss surgery book out there.  This one you could use from the third day on out. Jeanne
infantrywife
on 12/29/07 10:37 pm - Fairbanks, AK
I have that first one too!!!  My best friend bought it for me.  I think it is awesome how they also have how soon out you can eat that dish.  Very good!
ERICA ~~~~> I have lost 200 lbs since Jun 21, 2007!!!!!   Only 10 more lbs to lose before I weigh 125lbs!!!!!

Jamie Jordan
on 12/29/07 3:50 pm - Cincinnati, OH
There is also a man on OH who has written a WLS cookbook.  I believe if you search around the site you can find him.  The book cost about 14.00 and it's fantastic. 
Dx E
on 12/29/07 4:03 pm - Northern, MS
Daniel Patrick's WLS CookBook is awesome! Check out his profile at- http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/DanielPatrickF/ Best Wishes- Dx

Capricious;  Impulsive,  Semi-Predictable       

JeannePS
on 12/29/07 6:39 pm - Jasper, GA
I have Daniel's book also, bought it last Christmas-time for myself and my 3 WLS friends.  It's very, very good, we all love it!  I highly recommend it! 

Much  love  from Georgia!! 
Jeanne   
317 highest/289.5 surgery day/145 goal-reached goal in Oct 2006-165 now  

Marvlous
on 12/29/07 6:15 pm - West Jordan, UT
I have Dick Stucki's book.  He is a chef, and also had GBS, I think he lost about 400 pounds.  I have heard him talk quite a few times at support group meetings at St Marks Hospital in SLCity, Utah. He knows what he's talking about and has some great ideas. Marva

Marva

267/158.0/150 (my personal goal 130) BMI was 43.0 / now 24.69

Most Active