Post-op diet

pamw
on 12/29/07 3:06 pm - Fort Knox, KY
Hey everyone!  I have been sneaking around the sight for a long time now.  It looks like I will finally have my RNY in February.  My question is about diet afterwards.  Does anybody know of a book or something that kind of maps out what I should eat and possibly some recipe ideas.  It would be great to have all that at your fingertips. Thanks everyone!!  You are my inspiration to keep going for it!!
ducky2lucky
on 12/29/07 3:26 pm - Centennial, CO
personally I bought Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies and it has some pretty good diets and things.  Although I am on my 2nd week post op I had forgotten about them until I ready your post.  I think I will take a look at it to see what I can find.   Jen

286.5/274.5/155/130  High/Surg/Current/Goal ~~ Jennifer

Valerie G.
on 12/29/07 3:47 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA
Check out bariatriceating.com.  I believe Susan Maria has a book out there for RNY.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Dx E
on 12/29/07 3:50 pm - Northern, MS

Pam, Post-Op "Diet" is very inclusive. Early on it’s limited, but I’m at over 4 ½ years post-op And I pretty much eat a balanced, nutritious diet. For an over-view of the stages building to full diet, Check out- Post-Op-Diet And for WLS-Friendly Recipes, Take a look at- Quix-Recipes LivingAfterWLS-Recipes Charlie’s-Recipes-for-Life-After-WLS RenewedReflections-Recipes OH-Recipes If you still need a WLS Cookbook?

There are Many out there. Best Wishes- Dx

Capricious;  Impulsive,  Semi-Predictable       

jktcbuck
on 12/29/07 4:09 pm - IA
I received a binder from my surgeon and nutritionist "Nutrition after bariatic surgery" ask your team if they have something like that for you. Best Wishes, Katy

Beginning 261 /Current 182 /Goal 160 Almost at the end of my rope!

Vicki PNW
on 12/29/07 4:22 pm
It is very important to make an appt with the dietician at your surgeon's office to discuss your post-op diet before surgery.  If there isn't one, then ask the same office for a referral.

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

ladyr861
on 12/29/07 11:20 pm - Tewksbury, MA
My doctor gave me very specific instructions for my diet for the first three months out, as well as for two weeks before.  Each surgeon is different, some of very conservative in how soon you can actually chew something.  Others allow you to progress to solids pretty quickly.  When I was in the hospital after surgery, the nurses were telling me that there were many differences in what they could give the bariatric patients depending on who their surgeon was. Choose a surgeon that is very experienced, ideally a center of excellence, and that you feel confident in.  Then just do what they say...

kimcropable
on 12/30/07 3:19 am - Tempe, AZ
I saw under books sections several books that is extactly that, that are several to choose from.  I haven't had surgery yet.  I am in the interviewing and choosing the doctor process.  I know you are so happy to have your date.  I wish you the best of luck.  I can't wait to get my Lap-Band.
Most Active