Hiccups...ack

Heather M.
on 12/14/07 3:27 am - Westmont, IL
Hi! Okay...I have the worst case of the hiccups I have ever had.  Any ideas on how to get rid of them?  I was trying to eat lunch and obviously that isn't working with the hiccups. And they hurt!  hehe Thanks for any suggestions.

~~Heather
Pre/Goal/Now   307/180/150  BMI 22.8

Dx E
on 12/14/07 3:42 am - Northern, MS

Weird as it sounds, this works…. Put your fingers in your ears- (really tight) And have someone hold a cup of water for you to sip- While keeping fingers in your ears. After about 3 sips, (still with fingers in ears) Stop sipping, take a few breaths, about 5 seconds later Remove fingers from ears. Works every time for me and others who’ve tried it. It has something to do with pressure change in the eustachian tubes From your ears to back of throat.

Hiccups for Post-ops, can be a sign of eating one little bite too much Or a touch too fast. It’s pretty common.  Right up there with that sneezing & runny nose From eating thing. If curious, check out- VagusNerve-Hiccups-Sneezing Hope this helps! Best Wishes- Dx

Capricious;  Impulsive,  Semi-Predictable       

Heather M.
on 12/14/07 3:45 am - Westmont, IL
Thanks Dx!  I am going to go try it now.  I hope it works.  The weird thing is that I don't think I ate too much as I only had one tiny bite and I am over a year out.  So weird.  My usual stop is a small burp.  I don;'t know WHAT this is!  hahahaha THANKS!  I am going to hunt hubby down to help me....

~~Heather
Pre/Goal/Now   307/180/150  BMI 22.8

Most Active