Another B-12 Question

SHARA_S
on 12/11/07 12:01 am
Are b-12 shots covered by insurance?  If not what does this cost to have you doctor admisiter the shots? SHara

M M
on 12/11/07 12:03 am
Mine are - but I have a hefty co-pay for each nurse visit to administer the actual shot.  What a racket.
klm985
on 12/11/07 2:28 am - Altoona, PA
my dr wrote a script for me to pick up b12 and i keep at their office i go in once a month and get the shot- they waive the fee for me! =) Maybe you can ask if you can have your own personal b-12 at the office and they just give the shot.

Dx E
on 12/11/07 12:30 am - Northern, MS

Shara, I use B-12 injections, and they are completely covered by my insurance,(BCBS) Along with the needles, etc… I self inject, so it ends up being no $ out of my pocket For any of it. Self injection sounds worse than it is. Super simple. Checkout- Self-Injection-B-12

I’m sorry I don’t know how much it would cost If it wasn’t covered….. Best Wishes- Dx

Capricious;  Impulsive,  Semi-Predictable       

Suzanna N.
on 12/11/07 12:55 am - Ocala, FL
Somebody is going to flame the hell out of me for this............but........... You can find B-12 sometimes at feed stores, along with the hypodermics, etc and give yourself a shot. My family used to own a feed store and one of my good friends was a veterinarian and he is the one who told me the meds were the same as human meds. You just have to make sure you are giving yourself the proper dosage and need to know how to give yourself an intramuscular shot. With that said, I have never given myself a B-12 shot.  I have given myself antibiotic shots.................yep, horse pennicillin. ( I had an ear infection that was so bad I was ready to stick an icepick in my ear and I didn't have any insurance at the time...........so I dosed myself and it was totally gone in two days.) This is definitely not a recommendation but it is a cheap option if you know anyone in the medical field who could help you out. Suz
HOTTMAMMA
on 12/11/07 1:12 am

ALL MY NEEDLES AND MEDS ARE COVERED BY BCBC OF NC. I GIVE TO MYSELF IN THE ARM. IT IS LITTLE NEEDLES.

AMY      I TAKE ONE EVERY MONDAY

amruby
on 12/11/07 2:14 am - Spring Hope, NC
Covered by BCBS--needles and Vial of Vitamin B-12.  YOur doctor writes the script and you take it to your pharmacy just like your other meds.  I give myself the shot twice a month in the stomach.  I can't feel a thing.  The needle is so tiny I can't even feel it.  It beats the heck out of sitting in my doctor's office twice a month exposing myself to every germ out there waiting for the nurse to get around to giving me my shot.    My time is more valuable than that.

Autumn's Mom
on 12/11/07 3:35 am - Fairport, NY
i get them 2x a month at my dr, my copay is .20 cents.  i dont get it and neither does my drs office, but hey it's only 20 cents.   so i give $5 and they tell me when it runs out lol.

micha  288/130 below goal
this is my neice ~ please pray her cancer stays in remission!!
nuniandjj.jpg picture by michamros

Most Active