Sneezing when stuck...anyone else have this?

(deactivated member)
on 12/9/07 5:44 am - OK
Okay, this is WEIRD, I know. I am almost 4 years post op and I have a new "issue": Whenever I get stuck, I have a sneezing fit. I'll sneeze 10 or 15 times in very rapid succession. This started less than a week ago. Never happened before this. Does anyone have experience with this or any ideas? (I konw, I'm probably the only one to ever have this. LOL)
sandyfeets
on 12/9/07 5:48 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with
Yes, lately if something gets "stuck" or is not settling just right, I start to sneeze or hiccup. Needless to say, its annoying on top of being uncomfortable.
I think it might be the body's way of trying to rid itself of the offending object.
My nose always starts running first... that is the first sign, then the sneezing... or the hiccups.

Dx E
on 12/9/07 5:58 am - Northern, MS
DD, Pretty Common actually. checkout-  VagusNerve&WLS-Post-Op-quirks   Usually a sign of eating too much, or too fast. Best Wishes- Dx

Capricious;  Impulsive,  Semi-Predictable       

(deactivated member)
on 12/9/07 6:00 am
Can't say that I have and my vagus nerve was severed (totally) during my RNY surgery. I've never had the hiccups or burps or sneezes like some say they have..ah well, we're all different I suppose.
Frank D.
on 12/9/07 6:16 am - Philadelphia, PA
if i eat to fast or if food gets stuck it makes me sneeze. sometimes it puches the food downothers it don't matter I have to

Don’t forget – It’s not a diet. It’s a total lifestyle change…

Rhonda L.
on 12/9/07 8:15 am - Duarte, CA
I'm a hiccup person myself - but who knows what'll I be after 4 years!

-Rhonda    (289 all time high/280 start/274 day of surgery.194 current/150 goal)
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am!

horizontallychallenged
on 12/9/07 8:44 am

I experienced the sneezing thing a few weeks ago for the first time in my 11 months post-op. I had such a sneezing reaction that it kick my antihistamines into action and I started having an anaphylactic reaction (mild). I finally had to take Benadryl!!!

Darn these infant sized shorts!
Meeting a Paramedic can be a shocking experience ~ "Web Medic"   

Most Active