New Whey Protein Bullets

NavyWife25
on 11/25/07 1:55 am - Clifton, CO
Mostly my reason for knowing it is cuz I did a research paper for it for one of my Sports Management classes.   Generally if you have any protein questions i can usually answer them.   As far as the shakes... I get bad about not doing them too...   When I dont do them though is when i start feeling run down etc.   I know i get a ton of protein from the things I eat cuz i'm still at this whole Protein first stage but   I still have my low protein days.  Well, Good luck!

IT'S BASEBALL SEASON!!!!!!
GO BOSTON!!!!!

Krissy

DEBI R.
on 11/24/07 3:15 pm - CORSICANA, TX
I HAD RNY 11/9 AND I'VE TRIED SEVERAL DIFFERENT WHEY PRODUCTS, NECTAR PRODUCTS, SYLVESTOR STALLONE PUDDINGS AND IOSPURE DRINKS AND THE ORANGE BULLETS ARE THE ONLY THING THAT I CAN TOLERATE, I'M NOT SAYING THAT I LIKE THEM BUT I DO DRINK THEM BECAUSE I HAVE TOO. I'VE TRIED THE FRUIT PUNCH AND THE BLUE RASPBERRY BUT I CAN'T STAND THEM, I'M GOING TO TRY THE GRAPE NEXT. GOD BLESS, DEBI ROBINSON
(deactivated member)
on 11/25/07 12:47 am - Vacaytown, HI
Thanks for the input.  You sound like me I tried everthing and gave up.  So I took nothing for a long time as far as protein supplements.  But I have had bars too.  I do like the bullets but I know that it never substitutes for real food.  Since I have an eating disorder starting a few weeks ago Ive tried to re focus and take vitamins and supplements so Im really trying to eat now.  Its still hard.  But I am doing what my Dr. is telling me to do now so thats progress.  I am always open minded so I am glad to hear bothe sides that are presented here.
* JuneCleaver *
on 11/24/07 3:30 pm
I use them and I love them. I put 1/2 of the 42g bullet in a bottle of water with about 1/3 packet of Crystal Light and I'm able to get the whole 42g in a day - plus it helps me drink my water. I don't care what the studies say . . . it's a supplement and should not be used as your sole source of protein. So . . . if you're only getting some of what they claim, it's better than none! Plus, I don't trust that the "Unjury report" is completely unbiased. You can throw in a lot of jargon to make people think you are correct, but in the end we all do what we have to do. I'm 5 months post-op and I've been using them daily (as a supplement) for about 3 months now and my labs are perfect. As far as flavors go - I haven't tried the blue raspberry but I like the grape and fruit punch - couldn't stand the orange! They are also available online at bariatriceating.com for a pretty low price.

Lap RNY 6/7/07 (Consult -196 / Current - 111.2) 
LBL/BA 8/13/08  
Coccygectomy 3/09

(deactivated member)
on 11/25/07 12:41 am, edited 11/25/07 12:49 am - Vacaytown, HI
Thats a very creative way to drink them.  I know... before the new whey I took nothing so its better than nothing to me.  I just cant tolerate creamy or powdered shakes.  I tried lots and lots of different shakes.  I have been able to do various bars and havent settled on a particular brand.  Thanks for the lower priced link!!
NavyWife25
on 11/25/07 1:19 am - Clifton, CO
The only problem with getting "some" of the protein from the bullets... is that you dont get any of it.    and I actually preached on this before the Unjury report came out because i actually did a research paper on protein types for one of my wellness classes.   You really dont get any of this protein because its just not bio available at all... Your inner anatomy being the way it is cannot handle it.    So obviously a lot of what the unjury report said was that you should be using unjury supplements because they have a higher score... well I dont know about that because I've never used unjury, but as far as giving information on what TYPES of protein you should be using... Unjury was Spot on.   As far as you being 5 months out and your labs are fine.   You're only 5 months out... and using them as a supplement which means you are getting better protein elsewhere (dense proteins as in meats possibly?) so your levels aren't dropping fast...  Wait till you use this stuff for a year than do your bloodwork... your levels will be trashed unless you are getting enough protein from other sources.   This stuff CANNOT BE UTILIZED by your body.   I'm not meaning to sound harsh or anything, it just concerns me when people try and use this to up their protein content when its not doing ANYTHING for them.   Nothing at all.    That 42 Grams as protein you might as well not be counting it as protein cuz your body isnt getting it.  

IT'S BASEBALL SEASON!!!!!!
GO BOSTON!!!!!

Krissy

(deactivated member)
on 11/25/07 2:25 am - Vacaytown, HI
Sounds like Isopure may be a good option.  Glad to hear you did a research paper.  I see you were replying to the post above.  I am 2 years out my main issues are iron and b12.  I am totally open to trying whatever is good as long as I dont gagg ha ha.
Jazelle Hall
on 11/25/07 5:44 am, edited 11/25/07 5:46 am - Orange Park, FL
RNY on 08/07/06 with
I'm a year out and my blood work is fine. The only points I need is more D and Iron. Other than that my protein levels are great. I use Isopure and New Whey. So far have not had any problems. I also make sure I eat a lot of fish, cheese and other items with high protein in them. To find out more about Isopure go to their website. http://www.naturesbest.com/default.html?-session=thisSession :DAD6B9F5D11D9DEF8DCD9F1749480ED9 Many places sell Isopure GNC is one also online Americanfitness.com, GNC.com and several other places just google it. Personally if your blood work is fine, your hair looks good as does your skin and you feel great your fine. -Jaz Also this:
News
Isopure receives Nutraceutical recognition
Oct 2,2003
Author Susan Leach's book, Before and After: Living and Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery, hit the shelves last year. Her book on weight loss surgery prominently features Zero Carb Isopure protein as an excellent product for people who have had weight loss surgery and are looking for a palatable protein source to use for the rest of their life. http://bariatric.naturesbest.com Visit for more information regarding Bariatric surgery and Perfect ISOPURE.
 Lost 170 now between 150-160. Century Cards  go to http://swords.cc/ohcc/oh_card.html Just copy one of the cards styles there and use a paint program to put your name on it and save as a gif or jpeg. Sorry I can't do up seperate cards any more.

(deactivated member)
on 11/25/07 5:51 am - Vacaytown, HI
I have hearing good things about isopure.  Too bad it doesnt come in those conveinent bullets you can throw in your purse.  My brother told me too that Isopure is a good one so hes the bodybuilder.  But I dont want to be buff like him ha ha.  Anyway thanks!!!
Jazelle Hall
on 11/25/07 6:09 am - Orange Park, FL
RNY on 08/07/06 with
YEa I agree. If they made it in a bullet I would get it asap. In any case I use a combo of both. -Jaz
 Lost 170 now between 150-160. Century Cards  go to http://swords.cc/ohcc/oh_card.html Just copy one of the cards styles there and use a paint program to put your name on it and save as a gif or jpeg. Sorry I can't do up seperate cards any more.