DID ANYONE HAVE A GOOD SUEGERY AND NO PROBLEMS

EveningStar
on 10/8/07 7:26 am - AL
Almost 3 years pot op and I had a good experience. surgery was not bad at all, pain was controlled with meds and it lasted only a few days. Everyday I felt better than the day before. I could have gone back to work, after a week but I took off 4 weeks because I could. Ive had no problems with food except I do not care much for meat. I eat it because I need the protein, I prefer fruits and vegetables. I have had no complications whatsoever.

RNY- 4/4/05 - no complications - no regrets- never have dumped.
5'9"  highest weight ever: 345 +
weight day of surgery: 304
current weight: 152 size 12 from 26/28 pre op

Purple Passion
on 10/8/07 7:40 am - Little Falls, NJ
RNY on 08/06/07 with
No problems at all.

Rachelle
Looking for a possible revision.
257/190/150 

Amy B.
on 10/8/07 7:48 am - Deerfield, IL
Okay, this is me being a little sensitive and I know that, but I take this personally even though I probably shouldn't.  People have complications, I have complcations, some of them more serious than others, and if you have surgery you (God forbid) could be one of them.  That is a scary reality but it is the truth.  I hope you would rather hear the whole story of the nasty things that can happen than get a sugar coated version that is not always the whole truth.  It would be a disservice if all people posted about were the good things.  The fact that complications DO happen is the truth. It is also the truth that being morbidly obese is a serious health comlpication that puts you at risk for early death due to diabetes, heart problems, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, sleep apnea and so on.  So while surgery can put you at risk for complications obesity almost definately will put you at risk for others that can be just as seriously.   Even with my complications I would have surgery again - and that should speak about all there is to gain from WLS just as much as someone who has had a complication-free experience.  WLS was the best thing I ever did for myself.

Amy 293/140 - AT GOAL!   

Shelley Belly
on 10/8/07 8:22 am - Southwest Cleveland Suburb, OH
I am 7 months out and have had no problems.  I followed the directions from my doctor to the letter though.  Everyone made fun of me but I'm so glad I did.
tammijoe
on 10/8/07 9:19 am - Macomb, MI
I just want to add another testomony to this wonderful tool, we've been fortunate enough to have.  I'm 6 days out and I'm doing fabulous.  I had my Lap VSG with mini bypass on Oct 2nd and was home the next day.  C-Sections were rougher than this.  The boards have been filled with so much negative, this is a great post to counter all the negative.
Valerie G.
on 10/8/07 9:35 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
I had a flawless recovery from my open duodenal switch.  No problems whatsoever.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Elizabeth N.
on 10/8/07 9:40 am - Burlington County, NJ
Yup, flawless procedure and recovery and all has gone well from day one. I can count the number of times I've puked in ten months on one hand, and all have been because I ate too much, too fast, which triggered the "eject button." Having surgery and recovering from it sucks. Learning to eat all over again is a multi-level experience. Getting one's psych meds rebalanced to match the new anatomical realities can be highly annoying. But it has all worked out just fine and life is much, much better without lots of extra weight and with most comorbidities GONE. Definitely worth the effort in my book.
Darlene H.
on 10/8/07 10:14 am - Pinson, TN
Hi, I had absolutely no problems with surgery, my recovery was good.  Minimal stay in hospital.  Just remember, those who are not having problems don't post because things are going well, they have no questions.  I speak for myself when I say I lurk alot and answer a post when I feel like I have something to add to the discussion.  Everyone will have a different experience with the surgery, if you do everything like you should you could still have difficulties.  It is surgery and anything can happen, I am not saying that to scare you, but you should go in with your eyes wide open and not just get the "candy coated" version of WLS. Darlene
Darlene Hughes
     Tangled Lights

Beckers
on 10/8/07 10:29 am - Cottage Grove, OR
Had RNY 18 months ago, no problems :) no complications :)  I was at goal in 9 months, and I've maintained my goal weight for 9 months now :)

Before-AfterR.jpg image by Becca62368_album
Rebecca, 5'8" tall
288 /   156  / 155
High/Current/Goal

Kathleen L.
on 10/10/07 11:06 am - Arlington, VA
Deborah, I had a good surgery and didn't have any problems with it.  No complications and I am almost two years out.   The surgery was the best decision that I have ever had.

Kathleen,  November 15, 2005

374/            178.2  155 
Done! Your Ticker:

Most Active