DID ANYONE HAVE A GOOD SUEGERY AND NO PROBLEMS

Deborah S.
on 10/8/07 5:18 am - Benton Harbor , MI
I have not had my surgery yet and my question is does everyone have problems after the surgery..Not to be mean or anything but all the post I read are people that have problems it's really scaring me to the point that I'm not sure I can deal with getting surgery.I feel very depressed and trap due to being so over weight and I know I need to have somthing done..but my gosh the surgery seems so bad..Its just what I read..

Horse         I want to ride a horse again

May you feel Gods blessing

Full of Life
on 10/8/07 5:23 am - Broken Arrow, OK
I had a good surgery and quick and easy recovery... we'll just leave out the complications I had later on, OK.  Seriously though, you can't let what happened to others deter you from having wls!!!  Look at it this way: What is your life going to be like if you DONT have it?? Health issues, more weight gain, more health issues.  I had this surgery to get HEALTHY NOT SKINNY!!!!! Now, I didn't get healthy right away, I had to walk through some pretty rough stuff on my way to healthy. But I've been HEALTHY for 11 months now, I've enjoyed life more then I ever thought possible. I've moved across the country to pursue things that I've only dreamed about before wls.  You have to weigh the pros and cons and make a decision for what's best for your life. Once you do that, then pursue it with all of your heart and don't let ANYONE talk you in or out of it!!!!   Big Hug 

Laurie
I can do all things through CHRIST who strengthens me

RNY 5-19-05      
hernia repair/tt 4-10-06
BW: 262 lbs     GW: 140 lbs     CW: 126 lbs

5 Day Pouch Test Graduate!!! I lost 5 pounds and feel GREAT

~Kim B~
on 10/8/07 5:24 am - Griffin, GA
I haven't had any.  What problems I have had were not related to surgery.  Kim

www.myspace.com/kimbouchard
"Stop using Jesus as an excuse for being a Narrow-Minded Bigoted Asshole".

The Contessa
on 10/8/07 5:25 am
I'm only 2.5 mos. out, but so far no complications. The surgery was a snap. I felt worse after my C-sect. In fact, I felt so well after my WLS that I wanted to go home right after surgery.

just jacie
on 10/8/07 5:25 am - Minneapolis, MN
Hi Debbie. I have never had any problems since surgery. Keep in mind that people are much more likely to post when something is going wrong than right. There are 1000s of members on this site that have no problems, you just hear about the ones who do. That's not to say problems aren't a possibility and something you need to consider, I just think they don't happen as often as you would gather from reading these boards. Good luck!
fashiondini
on 10/8/07 5:26 am - menlo park, CA
I had my surgery January 4 of this year and so far at 9 months, I have not had any problems.  I still have my gallbladder and have not had any serious dumping issues.  At first, I could tell if I was pushing it because I would have some of the symtoms of dumping, but I kept everything in and learned what my limits were (although I do find myself testing the waters more and more).  Knock on wood, but no ulcers, or hernias or strictures.  I think alot of people who have problems post more because they need the support.  If your problem free, you tend to post alot less.  Good luck with your decision--Get all the information you can. Take care  Nadine
carlaplank
on 10/8/07 5:26 am - Albany, NY
I am 3 years out of LAP RNY in November.  Weighed over 360 at surgery.  Surgery too about 1.5 hrs, I was in the hospital for 3 days, off pain meds before I left, was sleeping on my side in the hospital, driving the day after I got home (standard shift)  and back to work in 2 weeks.  I haven't had a single problem other than a couple of small vitamin def.  that have been resolved with a little extra supplementation.  Good Luck, Carla
ladybugmom C.
on 10/8/07 5:24 am - Roanoke Rapids, NC

I had a WONDERFUL surgery and NO COMPLICATIONS. WLS was much easier than I expected. I didn't even think I really had surgery, but I guess I did because I've lost 130 pounds. My journey has not been ALL roses, but I've definitely had NO problems from my surgery. The only thing I've had is mentally problems dealing with my self image. But i got boobs last week and now my self esteem is on a high!!!! I've NEVER regretted WLS.

Good Luck,

Hugs, Wanda

SURGERY DATE: MAY 16, 2006.... 238 LBS (TWO YEARS POST OP!!!!!)
GOAL WEIGH: 135 LBS
CURRENT WEIGH: 112 LBS (BELOW GOAL and trying to gain)
TOTAL LOSS: 126 LBS         
I DID IT!!!! LIFE IS GRAND!!!!!  CHECK OUT MY PICTURES!!!

thenewTamara
on 10/8/07 5:28 am

I have had NO problems... I feel great and I'm off all my meds for high blood sugars.  I have truely been blessed.  I read on here that the reason that you do not read alot of post from people that have not had any problems is because they are out living life..... ;-)

Tamara

Brittwoman
on 10/8/07 5:29 am - West Babylon, NY
I'm 1 week post-op today and feel GREAT! I'm even going back to school tonight for a 1 hour lecture and 3 hour lab Don't let your fears of surgery scare you from obtaining a new HEALTHY life.
                  Weight loss since begining WLS journey -141lbs!     

** Ticker shows weight loss since Day of Revision Surgery **

Most Active