179lbs - 13 months Post-Op
183lbs – 4+ years Post-Op

Information in the Post
Has been Moved to-
QuixoticWLS.org

Capricious;  Impulsive,  Semi-Predictable       

Teena C.
on 10/7/07 11:15 pm - Crandall, TX
Thank you so much for this post.  I am 9 weeks post op and I wonder that same question some days.  I use to love eating now I dread it.LOL  I never thought I would feel that way.  I would like to think that someday I can eat healthy and enjoy it.

Dx E
on 10/7/07 11:22 pm - Northern, MS

Hang in there. And keep building a repertoire of good, healthy foods That work well for you. Just because something causes an ‘icky-feeling’ today Doesn’t mean that you’ll never enjoy it again. It really does get easier. Best Wishes- Dx

Kim C.
on 10/7/07 11:18 pm - Fairport, NY
Great post!! Sometimes I see people posting what they eat in a day and I feel like a cow!! A happy cow, but a cow none the less. I eat like a normal person. Out to dinner with friends, nobody would be able to tell that I had surgery based on what I eat. I thoroughly enjoy food again. (I didn't the first 2 months). I do still have a protein shake for breakfast every day only because it helps me stay on track and feel good about the day ahead.

Starting weight: 262   Current weight: 152.2 Goal weight: under 155 - I keep going over - UGH!!!
weeks maintaining goal: 1

Dx E
on 10/7/07 11:44 pm - Northern, MS
Great to hear more folks able to post that It's not all about the problems... Boring post without the- But I think folks sometime get the idea That just because it's an issue now, It will always be that way... Congratulations on your Success! Best Wishes- Dx

Capricious;  Impulsive,  Semi-Predictable       

Tammy Douglas
on 10/7/07 11:20 pm - Los Angeles, CA
Whats the definintion of "Normal"? If you mean a lifetime of watching your portion sizes and snacking? Normal people eat healthy not the american diet of fats, fried and breaded foods. How exciting this has been for me. I am still loosing and still aiming for an Ideal BMI weight. I have 17.4 to my personal goal, 8 pounds from my surgeons goal. And thinner than I have ever been in my entire life. I chew gum. No pop/soda, no beer, no bubbles!!!!! I do not eat all those bad things. Why would I I love being thin and happy. I eat chocolate though. and starbucks;( The only thing bad.... fatty hamburgers;( miss them. I hate B-12, iron and multi vit and nexium. Outside of that WOW!!!! Me

amyelbana
on 10/7/07 11:32 pm - cleveland, OH
Thanks, for that info. I just posted last night a questin about eating old favorites but in little servings. It makes me feel more comfortable about RNY. Have a great day.
Dx E
on 10/7/07 11:33 pm - Northern, MS

That’s why I always use “Quotations” around the word “ Normal .” When I eat out at a restaurant with friends who have always been Well within a “Normal”-BMI-Range, I eat pretty much the same way They do.  Salad, an entrée, I’ll have coffee instead of a sweet desert. (oddly enough, many “Normal-Range-BMI-Folks, also skip desert.) Same friends don’t seem to “Snack” their days away. They eat for fuel and enjoyment, not for comfort. Those who haven’t met me until after my Loss Have no idea I was ever more than twice the size I am today. I occasionally will have a “fatty hamburger.” OCCASIONALLY…. How McDevils can afford to stay open now, Without my continuous business, is beyond me…. That, and all of those gallons of Diet Coke must be stacking up somewhere… Best Wishes- Dx

Monica B.
on 10/7/07 11:31 pm - Emery, SD
Great post and your journey is wonderful. Congradulations on taking back your life with WLS. The less I weigh the better I feel. I am a normal person for the first time in my life and I love it. Finally being able to Control Monica is very empowering. Sure there have been bumps in my road, but I learn from them. Continued joy to you and thanks for sharing the Positives we achieve along this path.

Dx E
on 10/7/07 11:40 pm - Northern, MS
Aint it Great?! I love living on this planet with the gravity cut in half! Congratulations on your continued success! Best Wishes- Dx
Most Active