Up since 3am sick

(deactivated member)
on 10/7/07 9:15 pm - IN
I have been sick since Friday night. Not able to keep much down. I am eating but it feels like it goes down to about my breast then stops. It hurts so bad to even drink. I am getting my tube feedings in .This pain around my feeding tube is so bad ,it is not infected but looks so nasty. I am calling the Dr. as soon as he opens and going to go see him or one of his partners ,if i can not see them i am going to the ER. I am so sick of being sick. I have tried so hard since i got out of the hospital and had been doing so good getting all my protien and stuff in and now it seems i may be headed back to the hospital. Don't know how much more i can take. It makes me so mad that no one will listen when i say "it is not just pain because i have the tube in it goes way deeper than that" I am going to try one more time to get him to listen to me and then i am going to have me a fit. i got up at 3 in alot of pain,the pain meds do not help at all. I am going to go back to bed for a bit til the Dr. opens. Love val
Tamiwho40
on 10/7/07 9:18 pm - Simpsonville, SC
Aww Val,  I hope you feel better soon.  I will keep you in my prayers and God Bless.

Tammy P.

(deactivated member)
on 10/7/07 9:47 pm - IN
Thanks Tami...
Nancy G.
on 10/7/07 9:21 pm - La Salle, IL
Val I am sorry that this is happening.  MAKE them listen.  I have no idea as I am not a doctor but listening to what you are saying and having read so many posts of others, It sounds like it could be a stricture?  Hang in there sweetie.  If it is a stricture, it is just temporary/  (((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))

Cat Lady

(deactivated member)
on 10/7/07 9:49 pm - IN
Hi Nancy, I was thinking that too and am scared to death. This Dr. just keeps telling me the pain is normal because i have a hole in my chest ,but this is more than that. If he does not listen to me today i am going to the Er. and have a fit. Love ya Val
Nancy G.
on 10/7/07 9:51 pm - La Salle, IL
You go girl!  If you have to make a scene, then so be it!  Sometimes it takes that to get them to listen which is sad.  Hopefully he will listen and HEAR what you are saying.  Good luck.

Cat Lady

Dx E
on 10/7/07 11:19 pm - Northern, MS

Val, Hope you are on the phone with your doc now! I had the same sort of feeding tube for over 5 months. There is a little stinging right where it enters, But deeper pain? Nope.  Sounds like something else, based only on my experience. Keep the doc on speed-dial! Watch your temperature, and keep that little sucker cleaner than Operating Room! Hope you are feeling better soon. keeping you in my prayers! Best Wishes- Dx

Capricious;  Impulsive,  Semi-Predictable       

(deactivated member)
on 10/8/07 12:24 am - IN
Hi Dx, Yep mine stings around the tube,well it hurts because it has proud flesh all around it,but it is hurting like 4-6 inches on each side. Stabbing pain. I know this is not normal..i called the Dr. but of course he is out all week so i am waiting for the nurse to call me back..they will listen or they will see me sitting in the waiting room all day til they close and i will cry the whole time lol. No temp at all ...and she is clean as a whistle.. Hugs to you Val
Dx E
on 10/8/07 12:40 am - Northern, MS

Yeah, that sounds very different from mine. I had no “ache or pain” that far away from the entrance of the tube. I actually had two of those things. I had to have mine replaced with a new one after damaging the balloon That holds it in place while turning around in my sleep. There’s a small little balloon down inside, that they inflate- (That other little ‘port’ on the thing? That seems to have no purpose? That’s the one.) They went ahead and pulled out my first one, And I had to make a quick trip through the OR to have them set the second one in place. No-anesthesia, just local, and it didn’t hurt. My second one lasted for another 3 months. The hole where it goes in, eventually gets less raw. Sort of like a pierced ear. I was worried that mine wouldn’t grow closed when the took the tube out. But it was completely closed up within 2 days. Keep on that Doc till you get some relief! Best Wishes- Dx

Southrnbelle
on 10/7/07 9:29 pm - Indian Trail, NC
I hope you get through to them.  Sometimes you just have to throw a fit to get the folks that should have listened all along to hear you.  Good luck honey, l hope they get you some help today.  I will be saying a prayer for you. Denise
Denise
289.5/189.5/150/-100
pre-op/current/goal
I'm in Onederland!!!!!!!
OMG - 100 pounds gone!!!!!
Most Active