What's the deal with bread???

Felix P.
on 6/26/07 9:11 am - French Settlement, LA
RNY on 02/03/09 with
AlaskaArizonaGirl
on 6/26/07 9:22 am - AK
OK, having looked at the ingredient label this is a bread I would love to be able to find up here!  It is made w/ whole wheat,  hight fiber, low carb.  Like I said just don't go overboard.
(deactivated member)
on 6/26/07 9:13 am - Toledo, OH
Amy worded it perfectly. It has also been proven that carbs actually make you more hungry because of the way it works. We do not want to be more hungry and then eat more than we should. I do eat it sometimes, but it is a healthier bread, toasted and only a small amount.
TNRRRTeacher
on 6/26/07 9:22 am
I use a whole-wheat tortillia that has 5 grams protein each.
kittyluver77
on 6/26/07 9:49 am - NY
I throw up every time I try bread...better off without it!
fooseberry
on 6/26/07 10:15 am - E Falmouth, MA
I have never had a problem eating bread- I cut out most bread and pasta just because I felt hungrier after eating it and because I slowed my weight loss way down the more carbs I ate. I did for a short time enjoy a sandwich on whole wheat bread many times with no problem. Jennifer
Post op -306
Current - 189
Goal - 171
Come to my Blog and say Hello!      http://fooseberrypie.blogspot.com/
Fooseberry Pie
SheilaG
on 6/26/07 10:28 am
I'll tell you my sad Father's Day story....we went to a phenomenal barbeque place ("State Line") and of course while we were waiting for our steaks to arrive, there sat beautiful, yummy, hot, fresh crusty bread on the table.....OMG, who can resist that?!? Well, of course, not me. I only had about a 1/3 of a slice of that bread. Oh, heaven heaven heaven, it tasted so good! Did not hurt my stomach at all! Now comes the sad part....our steaks arrived, and I cut into my perfectly prepared steak, got a nice small piece on my fork and......no way. I couldn't even take ONE bite of that perfectly cooked meat! I was almost in tears!! I could only just look at the bite and sigh. I was done. Absolutely NOTHING else would fit in my pouch. I think the stupid bread just kind of blew up in my stomach. Needless to say, I took my steak home and had it the next day, but it taught me a very valuable lesson: NO BREAD before eating my protein!!!!!
Sheila
The views, opinions, and experiences in this post are mine alone. I am not a doctor, nurse, or nutritionist. Read for enjoyment or just input, but follow ANY advice or information you see in this post at your own risk.

Jill23
on 6/26/07 11:43 am - Kendall Park, NJ
I eat bread whenever I want it and I have no problems with my weight loss or my pouch while eating it. In fact, if my protein is making my pouch feel a little yucky--or stuck--a little bit of bread makes me feel better! I like pizza crust, top crust parts of rolls and I love tortillas with salsa and steak. Call me crazy..... Keep in mind I eat the portions of a bird on a diet.... The only way of knowing what will work for you is through experimenting for yourself. That's half the fun. I believe in a well-rounded diet and I exclude nothing unless in makes me . Jill
MsBatt
on 6/26/07 11:50 am
With the gastric sleeve, you shouldn't have the typical 'problems' most of the posters on this board have. No stoma, so no blockages, etc. The only contraindication of bread for a gastric  sleeve patient is that 'white' bread is full of 'non-nutritious' calories. Whole-grain breads are actually a GOOD choice for ANYONE, especially for those of us who still have fully-functional stomach. They provide lots of vital nutrients and vitaimiins. ALL breads DO have sugars in them---but sugars really AREN'T always 'bad'. Human metabolism is based on glucose breakdown, and glucose is THE essential sugar.
I Chick
on 6/26/07 11:54 am
7 years out here and I stil dont do bread much..it's just a poor choice for me...toasted is ok but I keep it at a minimum. To have been successful for so may years I had to make choices..bread was not at the top of my list... I dont avoid it..but it's the last choice I make... Success is all about making choices..and so far so good for me. I Chick
Most Active