Where does the money come from to EAT!!!!!????

Jo W.
on 6/13/07 2:34 am - Owosso, MI
I too have often wondered how these people can afford to feed themselves.   Also wondered about the people providing them  with the food that was killing them.    It has to be a very sad situation for all involved.  My heart goes out to  those on both sides of the issue.   Marsh, thank you for the insight into your situation that post made me think a lot  and probably understand better too.   I have a cousin who lost her smo husband after years of caring for him  and yes buying the crap that killed him.   Her situation is a sad one also.    I always wish there were something I could do to help when I see this happening.   Yes I was at onetime mo maybe even smo at 5' and 360# 
MyQnA
on 6/13/07 2:47 am
Good "food" for thought.  I just want to give my 2 cents.  It is sooo much cheaper to eat foods that get you fat than foods that get you fit.  Since this thing called obesity is an ADDICTION people do what they do to get what they eat.  I mean I can remember being eight months pregnant and eating from Wendy's, BK, and McDonalds all in the same sitting.  Gotta love drive through...but, I refused to go see a Dr because of a $10 copay.  So you find the money when you want it, all I can say is God Bless them and us for trying to get the help and get on teh right track. maxine

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 

Jazelle Hall
on 6/13/07 2:48 am - Orange Park, FL
RNY on 08/07/06 with
For my family it was cheap food. Our monthly food budget for a family of 4 was around $400. For ven a normal size family that is low. Even now with all the new foods I eat and the healthy foods I make my family eat our food budget has risen to $500 a month. Many foods out there that will put weight on you don't cost all that much. They are mainly starch and sugar. Mac and Cheese, Hamber Helper, and more. All you can get at discounts for a few $$. It is the quality of the food that gave us our weight gain not always the amount. I recorded what I ate for several weeks and it came out to be less than normal folks. But the cal intake was more and that I tend to eat one big meal that added to it. Along with my generic make up for holding in the nutriants. I would go for days not eating then have one big meal. We rarely went out to eat and when my husband cooked he cooked too much food. And so there were left overs and you know what mothers do with those. Add to that several falls and illnesses that left me house ridden and tired all the time and yep you gain 314 lbs easy. Currently with my new diet the cost for me alone are around $150 a week. Better food that have no starches and sugars. Fresh foods and more fi**** all adds up to a higher food bill but a healther lifestyle. The problem in this country is you don't need to spend a fortune on food to get fat. Just buy the cheap stuff and that will do it to you easy.
 Lost 170 now between 150-160. Century Cards  go to http://swords.cc/ohcc/oh_card.html Just copy one of the cards styles there and use a paint program to put your name on it and save as a gif or jpeg. Sorry I can't do up seperate cards any more.

Most Active