Protein bars - recommendations??

sharriad
on 3/25/07 6:39 am - Winter Haven, FL
Any recommendations on a good and yummy , low carb and low sugar protein bar??? Thanks......

Tracy Mixon
Winter Haven, FL  

Chris N.
on 3/25/07 6:44 am
I bought some protein bars at CVS a few weeks ago.  I believe they were called Pure Protein.  They were a little under 200 calories each, very little sugar, no fat and right around 20 gms protein.   It wasn't too bad.....but definitely no Snickers bar!

~*Chris*~

When one door of happiness closes, another opens:
but often we look so long at the closed door that
we do not see the one which has been opened for us.

Helen Keller

Terri R. R
on 3/25/07 6:53 am - 'bout 45 minutes from San Francisco, CA
I like the South Beach Diet meal replacement bars.  They are kinda like rice crispy treats and at 19 g protein and only 220 calories are such a find!  They come in peanut butter, vanilla, cinnamon, and chocolate. I also like the Atkins Advantage bars.  My favs are s'mores and cookies & creme!  They are low carb but are a little high in fat.  They have a LOT of dietary fiber though which is important.

File:NASM logo blue.jpg
Certified Personal Trainer

kevphill
on 3/25/07 6:54 am - MI
What Chris said. I like the Pure Protein bars. kp
"Go sell crazy somewhere else; we're all stocked up here."
Quinns ..
on 3/25/07 7:17 am
I concur! For ME..it's Pure Protein! I get them at Wal Mart...a value box is 5.97...170 calories and 20 grams of protein..I adore the Chocolate Deluxe and eat them every day. Of courses your mileage may vary when it comes to protein..but I dont see the need to spend tons of money on overpriced bars when I can get a better deal with the Pure Protein. I was in Vitamin Shoppe yesterday..and though I *do * like the Power Crunch..they arent worth 11 grams of fat for me...and i'm a successful almost 6 year postop. Mariella
It's a girl!!!

Amelia Christine - Due 7/17/07

sharriad
on 3/25/07 9:08 am - Winter Haven, FL
Thanks.. I will have to try them.

Tracy Mixon
Winter Haven, FL  

(deactivated member)
on 3/25/07 7:21 am
I like the PayDay Pro bars.
thegib
on 3/25/07 8:00 am - Delaware, OH
Pure Protein bars have the least sugar, most protein and lowest carbs. Not bad tasting either

MySpace Christmas Comments
MySpace Christmas Comments
JenBurris
on 3/25/07 8:09 am - Hagerstown, IN
I am so addicted to the Snickers low carb protein bar.  they are amazing.  hubby eats the chocolate peanut butter ones but I like the brownie ones the best.  A bit pricey at 1.17 but delicious.  Get them at walmart in the grocery section.
PinkFlamingoes
on 3/25/07 8:10 am - Buckley, WA
I'll have to try the Pure Protein bars . I bought a box of the Power Crunch bars , but they are high in fat (12 g) & 205 calories for the Wild berry creme . I have only eaten two . My grand daughter has eaten the rest . Someone mentioned the Payday pro bars . I thought I checked them & they had alot of sugar . I may be wrong . Kathy

Most Active