I'm having a Baby

lovebug27_us
on 3/23/07 9:10 am - Aurora, CO
I am so scared. I just found out that I am having a baby. I had my surgery 01/2005. I thought that I would never have a baby. I was told that may change after the surgery, but I didn't think it would ever happen to me. I adopted a baby boy. Now he is 7 months old and I'm 2 month pregnant.  I have not been a good girl, I never have taken my pills the way I should.  I AM VERY SCARED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Steffan467
on 3/23/07 9:14 am
Not too late to start the vitamins.   I have always heard the baby will get its nutrients the mother is who suffers.  Of course things may be different now a days. Brenda
Full of Life
on 3/23/07 9:22 am - Broken Arrow, OK
WOW, what an awesome miracle for you!!! It'll be OK. You get strated on your vitamins TODAY!! Get into your ob doc, he/she can help you get on a nutritional program that will be best for you and your baby.   You also should go to the pregnancy forum. There are lots of women there who've been where you are now.  Your babies are going to be best of friends being this close together. I had my kids close together. The first two are 13 mth apart!!! It'll be fine. A little hard the first year or so but it'll be great as they get older. Mine are 19 and 18 this year and they really are the best of friends!  HUGS,

Laurie
I can do all things through CHRIST who strengthens me

RNY 5-19-05      
hernia repair/tt 4-10-06
BW: 262 lbs     GW: 140 lbs     CW: 126 lbs

5 Day Pouch Test Graduate!!! I lost 5 pounds and feel GREAT

Therese P.
on 3/23/07 9:22 am
CONGRATULATIONS WHAT EXCITING NEWS, AND SCARY NEWS YOU WILL DO WONDERFULLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KEEP US POSTED HUGS THERESE  Doll Kid With Toy Car 

Therese_proudOHbyLizzyL.gif

(deactivated member)
on 3/23/07 9:22 am - Sacramento, CA
Hang in there! You are two years out and that is the normal timeline for someone after the surgery. Talk with your surgeon and find out what you should be taking to support you and your babies nutritional needs. And EAT EAT EAT protein!!!! There are ALOT of people who have had children successfully after this surgery. In fact I'm sure there is a section of our boards that is geared towards that. Here is the link: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/postop_pregnancy/ You're going to do ok...we are all going to pray for you! Many Blessings! Rebecca
Judi J.
on 3/23/07 9:26 am - MN
congratulations on your miracle baby. your hands will be full but what a blessing that you are 2 years out!  judi
U2daisy
on 3/23/07 9:36 am - APO AE, Germany
Oh congratulations and a big hug for you to make you not so scared.  I too got pregnant with my daughter 4 years ago when my doc said I never would without expensive fertility treatments.  I hope to have another baby when I am done losing weight.   Just get yourself some prenatal vitamins at walmart until you can get in to see a doc.  Better late than never.  Take care and the ladies on the pregnancy board will be more than happy to hold your hand! Take care... and congrats on your adoption as well! Daisy

oneplustwo
on 3/23/07 9:59 am - Zeeland, MI
How exciting and what a miracle!!! You will do fine!!

Myspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter Graphics highest 239/Day of surgery 225/Current 119  TT and Breast Lift 3/08

karissa1027
on 3/23/07 10:15 am - Cold Spring, MN

I was also told I cant have a baby, but never was I told why.  Can I ask what was the cause of your infertility prior to WLS? I hope someday I will be blessed w/ the same miracle. Congratulations on such an exciting piece of news!!!!

Colleen S.
on 3/23/07 10:17 am - Warren, MI

Hi, Congratulations. A friend of mine had her surgery the same day I did and she ended up pregnant about 5 months after her surgery and she had a healthy 8 pound baby boy and they are both great. Good luck on your pregnancy and get them vitamins.

Colleen
Open RNY 8/22/05
Tummy Tuck 12/21/06
Start weight 310
Goal weight 170
Current weight 154

August 21 2005November 2006
August 21 2005        March 2007
     310 Lbs                 154 Lbs

Most Active