I pledge never to become like this...

(deactivated member)
on 2/28/07 12:30 pm - Wood River, IL
Since having surgery, I have ran into or talked to a few people that also had WLS, and they have become so stuck up, and making fun of other people, i just want to scream at them, don't you remember how it was for you, and what you felt like.  Maybe they didn't lose their weight, maybe all the fat went to their heads.  I don't know, thanks for letting me say this, and I am taking a pledge here and now to NEVER EVER be like this.
Sara G.
on 2/28/07 12:35 pm - Wichita, KS
Amen!!! I hope to never forget where I came from!!! I am a firm believer in once a fat girl, always a fat girl...if in nothing more than spirit only.  I will never make people feel as I did when I was (am) heavy.

Sara G. 

crybaby
on 2/28/07 12:40 pm - Somewhere in, AZ
Well said Dee!! I know some people like that too. It makes me sick. I will never make someone feel like I did when I was heavy. Thanks for posting this. BIG HUGS
Your AZ Raisin,
CryBaby

A person isn't finished when they're BEATEN . . .
     A person is finished when they QUIT.
                                                             ~ Anonymous

Lori McGuire
on 2/28/07 1:22 pm - Gates, OR
That is so true!!!!  But, you know no matter were we are or how we are there is always someone out there that is going to hurt our feelings.  It is going to be a person that is self centered and/or one that doesn't think before they speak.  Yes, I have heard this alot also. But what can we do about it other then pu**** away and carry on with what WE ARE AIMING FOR. OUR INDIVIVUAL GOALS!!  So keep your chin up and ignore them or push there mean word to the back of your shoulder and/or bru**** off. We all know that we can lose the weight we want now that we have our tool to continue!!  Good Luck to all and hugs to all!!

Every Day is a New Challenge!! 
Every Challenge helps you with the next step!!
Every Step is just one less step you must take to complete Your Journey!!
               Lori M.

imorgner
on 2/28/07 1:55 pm - Alameda, CA
Excellent point! I agree 100% with you.
The Journey of A Thousand Miles Begins With a Single Step :)

260/245/???

Start/Surgery Date/My new life :)

poohfrawg
on 2/28/07 3:01 pm - Midland City, AL

I agree too! I have seen lots of people like that. Some not even very far out from surgery... I even had to slap myself back to reality once for making assumptions about another woman who was overweight. I had to tell myself that for all I knew she was working hard and on a diet and had already lost 50lbs.  And, who was I to judge? What happened to me???

I totally was so upset that I could even THINK that about someone... Now, I make an effort to THINK before i "think".

I pray I may never be that girl!

Holly Berry
on 2/28/07 3:10 pm - Oceanside, CA
It's just amazing how people can be so insensitive, but when they've been there themselves?  Unbelievable!!!!! I'm going to jump on your pledge, me too!  I will never forget where I came from. Thank you, Sweetie! Hugs, Holly

Holly  260/132/125

Amy Williams
on 2/28/07 3:21 pm
I believe that some people do forget. It's a shame because they could be helping others in this journey. To be quite honest I don't think that weight loss surgery changed anything. They likely had been that way before even undergoing any surgery. I know today I'm the same person I have been all this time. I'm compassionate and caring. The only thing that has changed is how I feel about myself, I feel more confident. I guess if you are mean within it comes out full force. I think sometimes people are just bitter over their own situations and get frustrated. Just keep being yourself and don't forget where you came from. I know I never will.

I've lost over 400 pounds!  
I love helping others, if you have a question just ask!  

Click on a link to read more about my journey:  
My website   My reconstructive photos 

kevphill
on 3/6/07 11:11 am - MI
Me too! I'm the same person I always was. I can just move faster. kp
"Go sell crazy somewhere else; we're all stocked up here."
Deidre V.
on 2/28/07 7:56 pm - Havelock, NC
You know Dee this is so true......I too, want to pledge that I will never forget where I was 6 months ago, who I am today, and if I can help someone to do so.  Dede

308 start weight on 7/18/06
258 50 pounds GONE on 9/26/06
208 next goal 100 gone (done on 3/1)
190 dr goal
150 goal weight
135 current

Most Active