Skin Folds & Sores

Penny S.
on 1/26/07 2:47 pm - Pacifica, CA
Megan.... I sure hope you weren't thinking I was asking you if you have jock itch or athletes foot, did you?  I was so  when I read your reply but knew that you understood by the next poster... she explained it better than I did.... I am so sorry.  I was perscribed some cream for a yeast infection on time by my OBGYN and it didn't do anything and then she said that if I needed more cream that I could just go and get anything that pertained to jock itch or athletes foot, that it was all the same.... antifungal cream, spray, powder.... which ever I wanted... WEll... I had went through 3 tubes of the perscription and nothing relieved the problems so off I went to the RX and got lotrimin jock itch cream and WALLA.... gone by morning....  This is why I mentioned this and should have explained better... Hope you both are feeling better really soon... (((((Hugs))))) Penny
Phenomenalfemale
on 1/26/07 3:00 pm - Eagan, MN

Penny: No worries, I knew you weren't inferring anything of the sort---I'm just new to all this---creams, rashes, sores, etc....and I never had athlete's foot before either....so I am open to any and all suggestions on this one.

Take care,

Megan

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS WORLDWIDE, UNTIL THEY ALL COME HOME !

Blue_77
on 1/27/07 12:19 am

You can also try a powder made by Monistat called Soothing Care.  It doesn't treat yeast infections but it is great stuff.  I use it in the creases of my skin and since starting I have not had any redness at all.  The powder is so fine, and I think it works 100x better than baby powder or gold bond.   They also have a great chafing cream, this stuff is amazing, it goes on like a cream but dries instantly to a thin powder layer, it's hard to explain the consistancy but I use it when I go to the gym, protects the areas where clothes tend to rub.  Both are found near the feminine hygene products.  In purple and blue packages.  Totally worth the purchase, but as I said they do not treat yeast infections if that's what your dealing with.

Blessed One
on 1/26/07 3:36 pm - Silicon Valley, CA
I once got one of those rashes right between my breast and underarm area and my doctor said it was a type of fungus, she said any fungus cream would do the trick.  I had Lamisil at had and used that and it went away. 
mclean2006
on 1/26/07 3:47 pm - Montrose, CO

Once the skin is healed, I just use Degree deodorant on all of the folding skin areas and that seems to keep it under control.  At the first sign of any reddness I use a triple antibiotic ointment to that area instead.  Hope this helps.

ArumLily
on 1/26/07 5:31 pm - Northwold, South Africa
Hi Megan I see someone has already given you the answer I was going to, i.e. any cream with Clotramidazole.  The cheap OTC creams for vaginal thrush will work perfectly.  Just one word of warning that my GP gave me.  Do not use a baby powder with cornstarch to keep the area dry and smooth.  The fungi actually thrive on the cornstarch .......yechh - rather use just plain baby powder if you need to. Fiona
Mrs.Tavegia
on 2/19/22 6:04 am

That's interesting, I've always used cornstarch in my routine to get rid of it and it's gone by the next day or 2 dependant on the severity.

moosemom
on 1/26/07 10:15 pm - Wylie, TX
My PC said that they were yeast infections, he treated me with a topical antibiotic, which cleared it up. Since then I try to keep all folds dry and put on lots of Avino lotion every morning to keep it them from rubbing causing irritation, which can lead to yeast infections. It seems to have helped.

Philosophy of life "Treat others like you wish to be Treated" 
              Only you can make yourself happy!!!

Mrs.Tavegia
on 2/19/22 5:59 am

I get these under my fupa when I sweat a lot. I get rid of them in a day or two by taking a shower and washing then rinsing well. When I dry off I pat the area until fully dry, never rub! Oh the agony that follows if you rub? once dry I use cornstarch and cover the area. To decrease mess you can put a towel on the floor or carefully step back into the shower to rinse down the drain. I apply cornstarch throughout the day to keep the area dry. This is nuts but to help prevent them I use something for a barrier between the areas like Kleenex, toilet paper or a clean sock. I've gone as far as putting a pantyliner with the backing on. I put the absorbent side facing the affected area. Good luck!!

Phenomenalfemale
on 1/27/07 2:00 am - Eagan, MN
Thank you ONE AND ALL....what great information. All part of why I love OH so much1  I am grateful for your input. Have a great weekend everyone, Megan

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS WORLDWIDE, UNTIL THEY ALL COME HOME !

Most Active
Grrrr? Its only Hump Day
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 247 views