Skin Folds & Sores

Phenomenalfemale
on 1/26/07 12:36 pm - Eagan, MN

Hello everyone: This is an inquiry about sores that form beneath skin folds (the ones that are red and look like a strawberry birthmark a baby might have)....how are they treated? Are there over the counter treatment options? Home remedies? Many thanks for sharing your wisdom, Megan

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS WORLDWIDE, UNTIL THEY ALL COME HOME !

mamanay
on 1/26/07 12:47 pm - Van Nuys, CA
Hi Megan!  I used to suffer from that painful problem all the time.  I have lost 65 pounds without surgery (denied, denied, denied) I decided I would try one more time to lose weight on my own.  So far so good.   I tried so many home remedies to help me with those rashes.  I finally found the one thing that took the rash and pain away.  Cortaid cream with 1% Hydrocortisone.  Over the counter cream.  It burns a little bit right after you put it on.  Use it liberally.  I would put it on at night before I went to bed and by morning there was already improvement.  Put it on every couple hours until the rash is gone.  This remedy was the only thing that worked for me.  Hope this helps.   MamaNay
Phenomenalfemale
on 1/26/07 1:02 pm, edited 1/26/07 1:13 pm - Eagan, MN
MamaNay: Thank you!!!! I've just got one little spot near my groin, and I didn't even notice it until today. I was applying Vitamin E on my incisions, and there it was! Red, and sore. I don't want it to spread, and I want it to go away! Fast! They didn't tell us this in the pre-op program or post op classes, so once again OH has come to the rescue. THANK YOU....I'm going to grab some Saturday. I guess I should be glad, I am losing a lot in my belly and abdomen areas! Down two pants sizes already, so no complaints. Best, Megan

telsll
on 1/26/07 7:15 pm - Lusby, MD
Megan, congrats on your WL.  Keep up the good work. TraciL

"Ours not to reason why, Ours but to do and die".  Alfred Lord Tennyson

Penny S.
on 1/26/07 1:00 pm - Pacifica, CA
I was told to that anything for jock itch or athletes foot works too.... Just a thought....
Phenomenalfemale
on 1/26/07 1:03 pm - Eagan, MN
Penny: Thanks....hmm, I have had neither.....any suggestions? Are you thinking like Gold Bond powder or cream? Megan

wearydeb
on 1/26/07 1:05 pm - TX
  I have also had a problem with these rashes through out the years.  Alot of times they are a "yeast rash"   My doctor gave me a prescription called Nystatin.  But I have also found several over the counter remidies that are effective.   Lotrimin Jock itch spray(I know it sounds dumb, but it really works.) it is a spray on powder in a gray can.....NOT the athelets foot spray!...  I also use a baby powder called Caldesene to help keep the area dry.(pink container..I get mine at Walgreens)  Monistat also has a  new powder that helps.  I have also used the over the counter creams for vaginal yeast infections.  It also helps to dry the area with a hair dryer after you bathe to make sure it is really dry.  I continue to use just the powder when I am not broke out to keep the area dry and keep the "yeasties" from growing.   Hope this helps.  Deb
Phenomenalfemale
on 1/26/07 1:08 pm - Eagan, MN
Sandy V.
on 1/26/07 1:22 pm - Brownsville, KY
Yeast infection  thrives in  warm moist areas    so yes it could possibly be a outer yeast infection. once you have it cleared up,  use a moisture barrier cream in any area that is warm and moist such as our skin folds...  there are a couple of prescription creams,  but  expensive...i have used otc vaseline constant care moisture barrier salve,  it cost less than 8.00 for a large tube.    I found it at my local pharmacy...  just dry your skin and apply..it doesn't take much and a tube will last forever.   it's not greasy and it's fragrance free...  hope it works for you.. Take care Belinda

Phenomenalfemale
on 1/26/07 1:34 pm, edited 1/26/07 1:43 pm - Eagan, MN
Belinda: Who knew! I remembered that my RN in the hospital commented about a rash near my belly when I was post op, and she applied some cream, left the bottle for me. I packed it up, and took it home, put the bag in the closet. Did not look at it again....until now!  It's a moisture barrier cream! I must've gotten a rash in the hospital too! I wouldn't have known, I was SO out of it and nauseous in the hospital. Obviously, whatever I had the RN was able to clear up while I was in the hospital for 3 days....so I wonder if it even needs treated or just the barrier cream put on...SO many questions. Thank you for your input... Megan

Most Active
Grrrr? Its only Hump Day
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 247 views