does anybodys feet and hands stay cold all the time?

Tothefuture2013
on 1/11/07 8:27 pm - Saylorsburg, PA
Oh yes, I am freeeeeezing all of the time. Even on mild days, any little breeze will make me shiver. I used to sleep with very little on, now I sleep with pajama pants and a shirt. I find that to keep warm, I have to dress in layers. An undershirt, short sleeve, then a long sleeve. Socks are a must while I am in the house and even while I sleep. I don't dare leave the house without a coat like I used to, now I have extra sweatshirts in the truck, just in case! Oh well, small adjustment for losing 80 lbs. I'll take it. I am curious to see how I will tolerate the summer, I used to dread the hot months, the air went on in june and stayed on till october. I wonder if I will feel better in the heat?    Can't wait to see....
Ready4 AChange
on 1/11/07 8:22 pm - Upper Chichester, PA
I am always cold. Even with long sleeves ! I have even gone from wearing sleeveless nightgowns to long sleeve ones . Now if I could only control the hot flashes... Sandy

Sandy  

ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange Remember.......  Click to Give .....Hunger, Breast Cancer, literacy, rain f                                                                                         orest, animal rescue and CHILD HEALTH

DOVEWINGS
on 1/11/07 8:25 pm - MABLETON, GA
I am freezing all the time. It gets worse at night. Thank GOD for my understanding Husband he holds me close and sleeps well.
Sherri B.
on 1/11/07 8:39 pm - Great Bend, KS
I haven't had WLS yet and my hand-feet are always freezing.  Please don't tell me it gets worse! :)  My husband always jokes that he is going to get a foot heater for our bed.  Not even sure they make them??? Ha!  Had a weird sensation in my feet last night.  They jerked and moved constantly.  What's up with that????  Probably just cold.
Kim C.
on 1/11/07 8:56 pm - Fairport, NY
I'm cold all of the time too. I love my new laptop because it keeps me warm!!

Starting weight: 262   Current weight: 152.2 Goal weight: under 155 - I keep going over - UGH!!!
weeks maintaining goal: 1

Cagledude
on 1/11/07 9:42 pm - Lawrence, IN

I was never cold before I had the surgery.  My wife and I both had the surgery in April 2006 and now neither one of us can stay warm.  Our blood work turned out fine, so I don't think it's so much the vitamins as it is the fact that I've lost 140 pounds and my wife has lost almost 160.  I guess we have to take the bad with the good.  Try to keep warm. Floyd

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

(deactivated member)
on 1/11/07 10:41 pm - Fort Myers, FL
My feet are ice cold all the time.  I wear socks to sleep and also when I am just hanging around.  I am going to check with my doc to confirm there is no problem there.  I suggest you do also.
s jean turn
on 1/11/07 11:57 pm - union furnace, OH
I was always hot, had a fan on me even in the winter time. and now since I have lost 136 pounds, I am so cold all the time. I have a jacket on all the time. They laugh at me at work because I was always hot and now I have a blanket on my chair and it is around me a lot. But that is ok if I can keep my weigh off I will dress warmer.hahaha You are not alone...

Hugs
Smile  With Gods help I will be a new person soon. But still his child.  Shelia
Pattie927
on 1/12/07 12:04 am - La Place, LA
Thanks everyone, glad it isn't just me. I wear socks all the time. I'm thinking of wearing gloves too. LOL
Edgeducks
on 8/23/09 12:50 pm - The Dalles, OR
Absolutely!! I am freezing all the time. My husband's theory was that I have not adjusted my blood volume yet. I thought the lack of fat insulating me being gone. I guess it is just a side effect of surgery. Also mine gets WAY worse if I am slightly dehydrated. Drinking enough fluid helps me stay warm. Weird, but true. My feet are the worst, but sometimes I am just cold cold cold all over. Stay warm fellow "losers", being cold is a small price to pay.
:D

Most Active