REPOST: All Pay Heed...

adamsamah
on 5/19/06 7:26 am - Nixa, MO

My surgeon says no aspirin or NSAIDS again EVER!!!  However, I've been off them for over a year since Aleve made my stomach bleed.  You hopefully will find that after the surgery the weight on your poor arthritic joints will be less and they will hurt less.  That's what I'm counting on.  However, you can take Vicodin if it gets really bad!!!

Lovely Lana

Adamsamah, Lana
"WLS is about making better choices, a healthier lifestyle and seeing how little you can eat.  Portion control is the key to all weight loss surgeries.  Bottom line - it isn't how much you can eat - it is how little you can eat."

brnsie
on 5/19/06 7:45 am
Saved in bookmarks for future reference if needed!

~KAREN ~MySpace Layouts

Gi G.
on 5/19/06 7:53 am, edited 5/19/06 3:21 pm
I have memorized these rules and printed out copies to be posted on the refrigerator, the bathroom mirror, and the front door [for guests, of course!]. 

Thank you

Permanent weight loss requires permanent change.

ChrisW
on 5/19/06 8:09 am - Crystal Lake, IL

Thank goodness I can stop staggering aimlessly around this message board looking for answers!  Thank's for the strict rules.  I feel as if I may be able to go on.  My personal angst has been relieved!  In all seriousness I am glad to see you posting.  You help keep us peons in line!

Chris

moosemom
on 5/19/06 8:38 am - Wylie, TX
Love your rules

Philosophy of life "Treat others like you wish to be Treated" 
              Only you can make yourself happy!!!

(deactivated member)
on 5/19/06 8:52 am

Tek,

I love this post. Thank you!

I think Rule #18 is my favorite rule!

take care and have a good night!

kewlestmommy2
on 5/19/06 9:21 am - Fort Carson, CO

Hey Tek,

Thanks for the rules they are great. It will make it easier to follow after I finally have the surgery. So what is rule 18 again?? LOL ..Just trying to get it out of you without having to give my life for limb.

Thanks again

Jackie

I will be a loser in 14 days!!

Quinns ..
on 5/19/06 9:33 am
Hmm..I take Advil and aleve all the time..with no issue at all..and I had ulcers postop..wasnt related to my WLS but my 2 gastro doctors have no issue with me taking NSAIDS.. Most people think Tylenol is safe..well it isnt..Tylenol can be VERY hard on your liver..and that isnt a maybe..that is a fact..now ulcers with NSAIDS..are maybes.. And as Tek has stated before..postops are at NO greater risk for irritation from anti inflammatories than normal non surgery people. I had surgery day before yesterday..i'm talking aleve for pain..i'd rather take one aleve than percocet *shrug*
It's a girl!!!

Amelia Christine - Due 7/17/07

Jny4
on 5/19/06 10:43 am
Holly Berry
on 5/19/06 10:57 am - Oceanside, CA

Thank you, Tek!!

Miss you and well said!

Holly  260/132/125

Most Active