Hello West Virginia is there anybody out there?

PurplePajamaMama
on 6/17/13 5:41 am

Hello all!  I am also from WV but looks like most of you are north, south or west of me!!  I live about 50 miles from D.C. and am within minutes of VA & MD state lines.  I actually had my WLS in Winchester, VA.  I am almost 2 years post op from the RNYGB.  I am definitely on the maintenance phase of the program.  Wishing the best to all of you who are just starting out on your journey or have only just begun.  

rxtech932002
on 7/9/13 10:54 am - Dunbar, WV
VSG on 02/26/14

hi, I knew of this forum for awhile now. I was seeing Dr Shin at the CAMC WLS for awhile till i lost my insurance through CAMC due to disability. I have had several friends that have had surgery at the CAMC WLS and have had great results. However my cardiologist referred me to Dr Nease at Cabell Huntington in Huntington which is an hr away rather than CAMC. Im hoping someone can shed some light on Dr Nease as a surgeon and how the staff is at cabell

rxtech932002
on 9/20/13 1:21 pm - Dunbar, WV
VSG on 02/26/14

Im in process of having my surgery done at CAMC Weight Loss Center. Ive had several friends of mine that have it done there as well and they are great folks. I was in process last yr but due to my job loss at CAMC due to my heart condition i had to start all over under my spouses insurance which is Anthem BC/BS but through UFCW local 400 which is through the union at kroger. I am a canidate. I had my 3 month appointment yesterday and i was originally was going for the gastric bypass, but even though my cardiologist recommended lap band. Dr Shin who is my surgeon and i discussed and Im going with the gastric sleeve due to my medication requirements like heart meds and seizure meds. im diabetic as well and on insulin. My 6th month visit will be in Jan so im hoping for surgery sometime in jan or feb 2014

Most Active
Recent Topics
WLS in WV?
rakat · 0 replies · 2090 views
Wv coventry care requirments
Sunfish6406 · 0 replies · 4775 views
Coventry Cares WV Medicaid
AKD40 · 9 replies · 6383 views
Bcbs highmark of wv?
conandjaysmom · 0 replies · 5707 views