2 weeks post op and regretting VSG

Corey150
on 9/6/19 10:21 am

Hello, You are only in the recovery phase. Give yourself a chance. I had the RNY last November and yes, it was tedious those first 6 weeks and I did get an infection in one of the puncture sites that was nasty but what is 6 weeks compared to the rest of your life. I followed to the letter their instructions for that time and then started to see what I could do. I now follow a modified ketogenic way of eating and find that I can tolerate fat quite well and by the way, fat is not the enemy. Sugar, refined carbohydrates and all those processed foods are the enemy. I even discovered a delicious ice cream made by Rebel Creamery that I tolerate quite well. I use Sweet Leaf Sweet drops for sweetener made from stevia. I have lost nearly 100# and am now able to ride my horse again, even over jumps, I go sailing, and can fit in airline seats easily now. I am more active and full of life than I ever have been. So, please, give yourself a chance, Arlenello.

TheWombat
on 9/7/19 8:06 am
VSG on 06/11/18

Things may be rough at the moment, but they will improve a lot in a few weeks. Eating won't be the depressing chore it is at the moment. I enjoy food more now than I did before surgery, because food is no longer my enemy. I am in control now. I can lose weight without feeling hungry and miserable.

Once you've lost even small amounts of weight you will find you have so much more energy and stamina. You have so many wonderful things ahead of you, like finding your clothes are baggy, discovering you can touch your toes, walking up stairs without huffing and puffing, and seeing your collarbones! There's a lot to look forward to.

Vanvooh
on 9/17/19 9:41 am
On September 5, 2019 at 2:35 AM Pacific Time, Arlenello wrote:

I feel like I should have never done this. Im sick of all this liquid and protein talk. Im sitting here reading other posts of people eating 2 or 3 spoonfuls of food.....really??? Is that how life is going to be??

I can deal with a baby plate or bowl but 2 or 3 tspns really???

Then- all the fat free sugar free c*** the nutritionist talks about has actually been proven to be worse for you. If you eat the foods in moderation thats the key....which before we all struggled with becaise we cpuld fill our 2 liter stomachs. I want to be healthy and lose weight obviously the reason I did this....but reading about the 2 to 3 bites is extreme ....too much no good...too little no good either

Stresseddddd ?????????????????????????????????????

Just wondering how you are doing now? I am about to have surgery and am concerned and hope not to have regrets so I really understood your post. Wondering how you are doing now?

Arlenello
on 9/17/19 9:55 am
VSG on 08/22/19

Hi Vanvooh,

Im 4 weeksout now. Ithurts less now than before. I can eat about 2 to3 tspns of puree before burping and thats how i know to stop. Somedays are better than others. I still get nauseus which i hooe will subside. Key is to drink water all day and eat a good carb puree with protein to stabilize insulin as low sugar causes nausea. Want to avoid that. My bp is normal and off meds now. Lost 25 lbs. I still have moments of regret when I see people eat but was told by month 3 when i can eat atleast 4 oz (dry oz not liquid oz..theres a difference) i will feel a lot better. 2 to 3 tspns of food ****** me off. Go to walmart and buy a foodacale 10$. Make sure you set it to lb/oz...ypu will need it eventually.

At this point the nausea is killing me. Hooefully the more it heals this will go away. Im sure regret will be a thing of the past soon. Im already starting to be a little happier

Good luck and reach out to me if you do get it so we can help each other out.

Vanvooh
on 9/25/19 7:41 am
On September 17, 2019 at 4:55 PM Pacific Time, Arlenello wrote:

Hi Vanvooh,

Im 4 weeksout now. Ithurts less now than before. I can eat about 2 to3 tspns of puree before burping and thats how i know to stop. Somedays are better than others. I still get nauseus which i hooe will subside. Key is to drink water all day and eat a good carb puree with protein to stabilize insulin as low sugar causes nausea. Want to avoid that. My bp is normal and off meds now. Lost 25 lbs. I still have moments of regret when I see people eat but was told by month 3 when i can eat atleast 4 oz (dry oz not liquid oz..theres a difference) i will feel a lot better. 2 to 3 tspns of food ****** me off. Go to walmart and buy a foodacale 10$. Make sure you set it to lb/oz...ypu will need it eventually.

At this point the nausea is killing me. Hooefully the more it heals this will go away. Im sure regret will be a thing of the past soon. Im already starting to be a little happier

Good luck and reach out to me if you do get it so we can help each other out.

Thank you Arlenello....Appreciate you providing an update. I am still moving forward with the process but a little nervous. Sometimes I am excited, other times I am dreading it a bit. I will stay in touch so we can help each other get through it. I do like that idea!! Hope you are doing well and getting/feeling better every day!

Renren
on 10/1/19 2:04 pm
VSG on 12/02/15

This phase is temporary. It wont be long and you will have to be careful not to overeat.

5'2.5" Surgery date/ 12-02-15 Dr.Valentine Boise ID

Highest:289 SW/212 CW 122

Goal/125-130

Goal reached at 10 months

Most Active
Recent Topics