Approaching the approval

(deactivated member)
on 8/23/19 1:54 pm

Hello all. My name is Jennifer. I'm 41 years young and divorced mom of 3 great sons. 4 years ago, I reached my highest weight around 240ish. I decidedly then, I'd buckle down and shed the weight. And I did! I lost 60lbs dieting, walking and riding my bike. I then went to get my tummy tuck, which I desperately needed, after 3 pregnancies my pouch was on point lol. So that happened. 3 days after surgery, my incision became necrotic and just ripped apart. After 6 months of wound care and 3 surgeries later, I was healed with a skin graft. It's left a gnarly scar about 7 inches by 4-5 inches right below where my belly button USED to reside. (I cried when I realized my belly button was gone) So I got thru that! But dealing with the emotions of my body being scarred/damaged caused me a lot of depression and guess what I did? Yep, gained most of my weight back. Didn't help that I had back surgery in June either. I'm up to 225-230 now. I'm so angry at myself and upset. The pressing issue, is that I've gained SO much weight now, my skin graft is stretched SUPER thin in that area. And though I still have no feeling in that area, I wake up sometimes and notice tiny rips or scabs in it. I decided I need to get this weight off as fast as I can, because believe me I don't want to deal with that wound care business again. So I visited the bariatric surgeon in June. I had the sleep study done and failed with flying colors, so now my cpap keeps me company at night. I have degenerative disc disease, sleep apnea, pcos, Arthritis, and other co-morbidities. My BMI is around 35. I've been cleared by the psychiatrist, the nutritionist, had my upper G.I. done, chest x-ray, a buttload of labwork and my EKG. I expect to get surgery date at my appt next month. Just thought I'd reach out and say hello. (I'm doing this on the DL, so haven't told many friends at all and no one at work. I plan to take vacation at surgery time.) so not many folks to talk to about it. Hope you're having a great day if you made it thru this lol

TheWombat
on 8/23/19 2:38 pm
VSG on 06/11/18

Welcome to the forum Jennifer! Sounds like you've been through the wars, but once you get your surgery and start losing weight you'll feel so much better you won't know yourself.

(deactivated member)
on 8/23/19 2:52 pm

Thank you @thewombat, nice to meet ya

White Dove
on 8/23/19 3:19 pm - Warren, OH

You have been through a terrible ordeal. Dont be angry with yourself. 95% - 98% of people who lose more than 50 pounds without weight loss surgery have gained it back by the end of five years.

That is the reason that we have weight loss surgery that gives you much better odds of keeping the weight off. Please let us know how things are going.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

(deactivated member)
on 8/23/19 6:18 pm

Thank you so much

DLnurmi
on 8/23/19 5:33 pm - Rocky Hill, CT

welcome. hope everything goes well for you. I'm Just getting ready to start the actual process. my life was full of a bunch of yo-yo diets. a few years back I got super depressed due to a extremely toxic relationship. I basically stopped eating all together and went from 213-163lbs within 5 months. Once that depression was over and I was ale to keep food down I started to balloon up to my highest weight(238) I have fatty liver, hypertention and Possibly sleep apnea(I wake up gasping for air occasionally when I sleep on my back). diabetes also runs in my family so I really need this. I wish you the best of luck on your journey!

(deactivated member)
on 8/23/19 6:18 pm

I'm also just out of a 4 year narcissistic relationship girl. I know that pain too

(deactivated member)
on 8/24/19 2:33 pm
VSG on 03/21/19

Hello Jennifer!

Wow you've certainly been through a lot but it sounds like you've got the right attitude and strength to do this so congratulations!

I had my surgery 5 months ago and haven't looked back in fact I wish I had done it sooner (I'm 55)!

Best wishes to you in your journey.

(deactivated member)
on 8/24/19 4:26 pm

Yea, it's definitely been a rough road! But I'm here and I'm stronger for it!! Thank you for your kind words!

willyoubetrue
on 8/25/19 6:41 pm - Zachary, LA

Wow, you've been through it... I wish you the best with everything and hopefully you're cleared for surgery soon and it's a success. I'm waiting in line for the same thing, I hope to see more of you on the site and forum... Good Luck!!!??

Most Active
Recent Topics