I have a bit of a conundrum and the advice of you experienced people may help

KayLaw4170
on 7/6/19 7:50 pm
VSG on 10/10/19

Could you try adding some fiber rich veggies and foods to your shakes or is that prohibited during the 2 week pre-diet? I'm not there yet but will be in next few months so I'm curious.

OnlineAnnie
on 7/2/19 9:49 am, edited 7/2/19 6:34 am

If you have a blockage laxatives might not do the trick. You might need an enema or suppository. Unfortunately I had to go that route a few times. It was not my favourite, but really great to have relief afterwards. You can buy them off the shelf in any pharmacy/drug store. It might be helpful for you to brainstorm solutions with a pharmacist - they can be very helpful. And I agree with everyone else, drink lots of water.

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/7/19 12:05 pm

When I neglected the issues, I had to take mag citrate by mouth,and or miralax, and do enemas from the other side to makes things moving. Really moving.

I know how to do high enemas and that helped the most. Unfortunately, not very pleasant. And I would not recommend to do that when severely constipated. Instead, I may use colonics. Professional help.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

renjenn
on 7/3/19 12:06 pm
White Dove
on 7/3/19 12:25 pm - Warren, OH

Talk to your surgeon about this. None of us are qualified to give you permission to eat. You might need magnesium citrate, but ask your surgeon first.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Frank_M
on 7/4/19 10:08 am
VSG on 05/14/19 with

Benefiber has worked wonders for a few people I know. Its over the counter.

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/7/19 12:01 pm

I can't imagine chicken would make you "go". Sorry, but the chicken you want is most likely because you feel hungry. I've been there. But please don't.

I use daily miralax (or rather Costco equivalent to that) to be able to have daily comfortable BM. I drink a lot if water when I take that. It is not habit forming and my docs approved daily use until we can find something better.

Good luck.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Tormentus
on 7/7/19 1:15 pm
VSG on 07/10/19

Although I was hungry that was not my reasoning, the reason i said chicken was because it is a substantial food that would have probably pushed things down as it made it's way through and thats the only food in my house left from my diet. Regardless, I didn't have it and my surgery is Wednesday and 3 different laxatives, 2 different stool softeners and gallons of fluid and I'm still constipated. I have an enema to try as my last resort because I don't know what else to do and I don't know if being backed up like this is going to cause them to cancel or delay my surgery.

tracyringo
on 7/7/19 12:49 pm
VSG on 08/09/17

Colace works for me when no other laxatives would. I also upped my water intake. Good luck to you.

Maureen K.
on 7/7/19 5:54 pm

No don't eat chicken - I was sleeved 12 years ago lost 100 lbs and have maintained - I have had several friends sleeved my advice was always follow the rules - they didn't they have gained back - acid sometimes mimics hunger instill get that to this day and I take an acid blocker for a week or two and im better check with your doc an acid blocker may help with the hunger - hang in there you can do this and it's so worth it

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

Most Active
Recent Topics