Richmond BC discussion

OstK
on 6/25/19 3:03 pm

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone has or will be attending Richmond, BC for their bariatric surgery? My referral was sent February 2017 and I recieved my first phone call in May 2019. I flying to Vancouver July 24, 2019 to attend orientation on the 25th. I am just wondering what your thoughts and experiences were. So far everyone has seems so kind and welcoming. I am looking forward to this process and hope that surgery will be sooner rather then later. I have zero health issues besides being overweight with some exhaustion.

Would love to hear for some fellow BC people as most older forums are from 2015 etc.

All the best.

K

White Dove
on 6/26/19 5:49 am - Warren, OH

I would post to the Ontario forum. That is most active for Canada.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

OstK
on 7/1/19 8:16 pm

Thanks! I have read through Ontario forum was just looking for the clinic I'm specifically going too. But not a lot of replies lol!

OnlineAnnie
on 6/26/19 5:04 pm

I had my surgery in Richmond BC March 19/19. My orientation was early November 2018. I went on their waiting list June 5, 2015. Other than the massively long wait it all went very well. There are many professionals involved and tests that get done - they are very thorough. I had a very good experience with them. Since orientation I am down 80 pounds.

OstK
on 7/1/19 8:18 pm

Wow, 80lns is fantastic! Congratulations! I cannot wait to hit those mile stones! I'm currently 248 and would loveeeee to lose 100lbs.

I can't wait to get to orientation and then wait for a surgery date? How often did you have to go to Richmond. I live 12 hours away so I am flying there. The lady I have spoke with said it ranges from person to person.

OnlineAnnie
on 7/2/19 8:56 am

I would imagine being further away that they would do your follow-ups via Skype or email, but that's just a guess, I don't know. I think I went from orientation to surgery relatively quickly because I did exactly what they told me, exercised, didn't cheat on the diet and proved to them I was capable of losing weight. I have always been good at losing weight but after 30 years of dieting was still overweight because I could never keep it off for one hot minute!

After orientation they will set you up with many, many medical tests (bone density, sleep apnea, abdominal ultrasound, etc.). If you stick to the appointments they make for you you will waste less time getting to surgery, but if you spend months mucking around with appointment dates you've added months until your surgery.

You must be coming from up north to be that number of hours away? All the best to you. It's an exciting time.

OnlineAnnie
on 6/27/19 12:19 am

Did orientation go well for you?

OstK
on 7/1/19 8:14 pm

It is on July 25th - I've been recording all of my meals too making those lifestyle changes early. I have been going to the gym for 2 years now anywhere from 1-5 days per week depending on what's happening with our busy schedule. Hoping that being on that track will make me a great candidate for Surgery!

Most Active
Recent Topics