Officially Approved!

TheWombat
on 5/4/19 2:24 pm
VSG on 06/11/18

Number 1 thing to be aware of: If you weigh yourself after surgery, you will almost certainly have gained weight due to all the IV fluids they give you. That's perfectly normal. You may not see any weight loss for a week to 19 days.

Also, not everyone gets all of the common symptoms. I never had any hair loss. Although my stomach does gurgle, it isn't audible.

Your tastes will probably change, so don't go crazy buying things to eat post-op. That case of protein drink or powder that you liked before surgery may taste awful to you afterward.

MotivatedToFit
on 5/4/19 7:10 pm, edited 5/4/19 10:03 pm

Definitely great advice. I don't plan on weighing myself at all for at least a good month after surgery. As I can get a little too obsessed over the number on the scale. Only time I want to weigh in is at my post op appointments. I am planning on having my parents hide my scale lol. I am a little nervous about the change in tastebuds it's going to be difficult to adjust at first but I'm sure I will adjust. Also hoping for no hair loss at all or if so minimal hair loss.

TheWombat
on 5/4/19 8:54 pm
VSG on 06/11/18

The change in taste isn't really a big deal. For me, and I think for most people, only processed foods taste different. Natural foods, like fruit and vegetables, taste the same. And you may find that you like some new foods you never liked before.

Most Active
Recent Topics