Pobearsam7
on 5/3/19 5:15 am

I was also nervous you should do fine

i worked up until my surgery date

Kelly                

Mary Gee
on 5/3/19 9:31 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

You're right...it's normal to have pre-surgery jitters.I had my surgery when I was 62. No issues whatsoever! Had great recovery, no complications. Wish I had it years before!

Best of luck to you.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Jinxy6
on 5/4/19 7:36 am - SC

Thanks Mary. It's great to hear of your success!!

MartyGa
on 5/5/19 12:56 pm

One thing first .... Happy belated birthday girl! You can definitely do this Jinxy6 ! I had my VSG done 4/1/19 and I feel amazing . I turn 59 in July . I think we all have thoughts that work our minds like that . I went so far as asking my surgeon if I had to have a PEG tube due to cancer years from now could it be done ? . He assured me that yes it could be done . See I was thinking long term as I work at a hospital and see life changed overnight for patients. But the long short answer is girl do you! Your not too old and think of the long term effects on your health as it prolongs and gives such a quality of life. As your life span increases and gives your family more with your beautiful new you.

Jinxy6
on 5/13/19 7:06 am - SC

Marty, how wonderful to hear you are feeling so good this soon after your surgery!! Thanks for your encouragement. I will keep an eye out to see how you are progressing.

Jinxy6
on 5/13/19 7:07 am - SC

Oh, and thank you for the birthday wishes!??

dreamer1234
on 5/7/19 5:20 pm

i just really enjoy hearing from older ladies. i am 61 and had RNY last september, have lost 132 lbs and doing great. my mother told me i was too old to have the surgery but i ignored her and had the surgery anyways, best decision i have ever done. sure i had tons of anxiety too but honestly the surgery for me wasn't that hard. i have tons more energy now and feel younger. i am looking hopefully at plastic surgery to remove loose skin in the future, will probably be 62 when this happens but i am not afraid. talk to your surgeon and his/her staff about how you feel. my surgeon was really understanding. hang in there.

Jinxy6
on 5/13/19 7:11 am - SC

Congrats Dreamer, on your great success! Thanks so much for the positive response! Everyone has been so great with their encouragement and it really has helped! I feel like I'm looking a some plastic surgery down the road and that was feeling daunting too but I decided to leave those worries to the good Lord. One day at a time, right!

Most Active
Recent Topics