Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/5/19 5:36 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! I hope the weather is decent where you are. It is a little cool this morning but warming up later here. I have to skip my usual morning walk as I'm waiting for the pest control guy to come spray. How much do you want to bet that he comes after I would have been home? I'll walk with Justice later.

QOTD: How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? Now that I am retired, it takes me about 10-15 minutes (dressing, hair, clean face & teeth). I tend to take my showers later in the day and don't wear much makeup. When I was working and had to go to the office I would allot 45 minutes to get my act together (assuming I had packed my breakfast and lunch the day before to bring to the office). When I worked at home it took about 5-10 minutes, as I got myself together over the course of the morning during quick breaks (good thing we didn't use webcams, LOL).

2 Years 10 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 2 years, 2 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: DCGirl's tuna, artichoke salad and feta mix plus cottage cheese

D: leftover taco stuffed green peppers (yummm)

S: sweetened cottage cheese

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

yvonnef1964
on 2/5/19 8:31 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Yesterday my bariatric doctor told me not to eat over 1100 calories. I was starving at bedtime so I ate a cheese stick . That helped so I was only over 40 calories. Last night, I kept telling myself not to binge eat due to feeling that way that I was hungry. I even drank extra water yesterday. I made it.

Qotd I can get ready in 5-10 minutes if I have to not taking a shower. If I take a shower usually 30 minutes.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and canned peaches

D crack chicken

Have a good day

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/5/19 9:54 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good luck Yvonne. It sure is hard to avoid eating at night isn't it?

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Kristi T.
on 2/5/19 9:51 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! Wish I could say it's decent here, but we are still in the single digits and snowed again last night. I got out early and shoveled so I can be ready for when my neighbor plows me out. Not much on the agenda today, I was going to try a Yoga class today at 11am for the first time. I made the cold and snow my excuse. I can't do that again, there is another one Friday morning and I am determined to get to it.

QOTD-I don't move very fast in the mornings so I give myself about 45-60 minutes to get ready, from shower to finish. On Thursdays when I leave the house at 4:30am, I skip all of that and give myself about 20 minutes from coffee to car:-)

B-1/3 cup granola, coffee

L-Turkey and cheese rollup, 1/2 apple w/sunbutter

S-Hot tea

D-Leftover pot roast and veggie

E-Tried to take Emmy out yesterday, she did well, my hands hurt so bad from the cold I cried when I got back to the car(I had two pairs of gloves on). So not sure about today.

I hope everyone has a good day!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/5/19 9:59 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I tried yoga for the first time last spring and by the fall was going 3 times a week. I liked feeling more flexible. I miss it here - I could go outside of our park to do it but the schedule here is very different as I walk 1-2 hours every day. I hope you enjoy it!

mmsmom
on 2/5/19 11:58 am - Woburn, MA

Hi all. It's unseasonably warm here - like 60!

QOTD: I leave myself an hour now, but i could be ready in about 30 minutes. I do minimal hair styling and wear the same makeup almost every day so it's pretty quick.

B: steel cut oats - so good

L: blackened salmon

D: steak tips and salad

S: brownie bites

E: will def walk in this great weather!

VSG on 04/28/2014

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/6/19 4:16 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

LOL - 60 at home and we all have spring fever -- 60 in Florida and we grouse about how cold it is!

Kays
on 2/5/19 2:47 pm
VSG on 12/18/17

Hello all- nothing much going on today-off to work and then home. I am going to focus on getting in a run or a walk today.

QOTD: It takes me about 20 minutes to get ready in the morning. I try to always pre plan my day the night before. I generally prep my lunch and think about what's for dinner the night before also. I stick to a hair style that is easy to maintain and, although I wear makeup M-F I have a simple routine. I also pretty much wear black pants everyday- I seen a article on Steve Jobs a few years ago about how he wore the same thing everyday. It makes things so simple- I pick a different shirt with black pants- nothing more to think about or try on in the morning! I never tire of the routine because it has made my mornings so easy!

M1: egg cheese and sausage

M2: roast beef/havarti/gouda/ pepperoni roll ups

M3: chocolate protein drink

S1: hummus and baby peppers

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/6/19 4:18 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

For a long time at work I wore suits and would rotate through them and my blouses (different number but they could all go together). When we went business casual I found that more difficult until I did what you do: wore black pants and a black or grey cardigan with rotating blouses.

Most Active
Recent Topics