Introducing myself

jdekost81
on 1/27/19 7:16 pm
VSG on 04/05/19

Hello VSG'ers!

I am currently finishing up the process of all the surgery requirements. My dietitian has already told me she will sign off at my last appointment on Feb 7th and then it goes to insurance from there. At my last visit, she gave me a lot of materials on my upcoming pre and post op liquid diet phases.

A little bit about me. I went through this entire process 10 years ago, but I was in a miserable marriage with a small toddler. I was approved for surgery but a month or so before I backed out. Turned out to be the best thing I could have done, I used my "surgery $$" for my divorce. Since then I've raised a great kid, and worked on my career etc. I wanted to still pursue surgery but had road blocks... A lot of my jobs those last years didn't include insurance, or good insurance, until this past August. I made "the call" to my surgeon's office in September and started the ball all over. Finally the end, or the beginning, is almost in sight. Its been a journey getting here. I'm 10 years older but I think I'm more dedicated than I was and beyond ready.

If you made it through all that, thank you!! I look forward to being an active poster as my surgery date is set and we get closer.

hollykim
on 1/28/19 4:59 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On January 28, 2019 at 3:16 AM Pacific Time, jdekost81 wrote:

Hello VSG'ers!

I am currently finishing up the process of all the surgery requirements. My dietitian has already told me she will sign off at my last appointment on Feb 7th and then it goes to insurance from there. At my last visit, she gave me a lot of materials on my upcoming pre and post op liquid diet phases.

A little bit about me. I went through this entire process 10 years ago, but I was in a miserable marriage with a small toddler. I was approved for surgery but a month or so before I backed out. Turned out to be the best thing I could have done, I used my "surgery $$" for my divorce. Since then I've raised a great kid, and worked on my career etc. I wanted to still pursue surgery but had road blocks... A lot of my jobs those last years didn't include insurance, or good insurance, until this past August. I made "the call" to my surgeon's office in September and started the ball all over. Finally the end, or the beginning, is almost in sight. Its been a journey getting here. I'm 10 years older but I think I'm more dedicated than I was and beyond ready.

If you made it through all that, thank you!! I look forward to being an active poster as my surgery date is set and we get closer.

welcome ! My VSG was the single best thing I have ever done for myself in my life! We look forward to your posts and progress reports!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/28/19 8:10 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Welcome! It sounds like your head is in the right place which is more than half the battle IMO.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Gwen M.
on 1/28/19 8:25 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Welcome! I'm glad you're in a better place in your life now and I'm sure that will only help you reach your goals!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Kristi T.
on 1/28/19 9:51 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Welcome!

Most Active
Recent Topics